[Arc 4] ch. 31 Her One Condition

Start from the beginning

Veronica was more than happy because finally she has her chance to steal the crown prince away from that ugly, fool, ill manner, bratty daughter of Duchess, Lady Anastasia. The half sister of the silver haired female was cussing deep inside her as she glanced at Zariyah.

"You can ask anything aside from that Lady Zariyah. You know too well that our laws are protecting the royal decree about your marriage with my son, the crown prince, Arthur Pendragon." The king tried to reason out because he was expecting for Zariyah to take back her condition.

Instead of backing down, the fierce young mistress of Silverglaze remained calm and her demeanor was cold. She already faced a lot of dangerous people that were far stronger than the king; standing up to her beliefs was nothing but a walk in the park.

There was a heavy tension surrounding the banquet hall. It made some of them breath hard because of the pressure coming from the silver haired young miss and the royal highness, the king.

"That I cannot do your highness. The laws of Klearione kingdom won't save your wife, her majesty, the queen. And all of these nobles and aristocrats who are victims of the poison."

At that moment, Zariyah held power over the king. If his highness, would still stand firm about not breaking the engagement of the silver haired mistress of the Silverglaze family and his son, the crown prince, he could kiss goodbye to the antidote.

The king glared at the young mistress, but Zariyah just gave her own of her sweetest and priceless smile.  That nerve wrecking smile was such a dangerous gesture that made the king felt a shiver ran down to his spine. The king felt like Zariyah was a demon under a human skin. Able to manipulate anyone according to her will.

And she was indeed able to do such act, she even did it to Machi and Shalnark. Her brilliant and intellect saved their group from the two members of the scorpions and she was able to asked for their cooperation.

The king doesn't know why he felt such fear just by watching Zariyah curved her lips into a calm and domineering smile. The family members of those who fell victim of the poison looked at the king with their pleading eyes. Asking the king to abide with Zariyah's condition. The eyes of the crowd that were focused on the king of Klearione kingdom held desire for their family members who were victim to be cured.

The priests and priestesses along with a lot of healers looked at the young lady with silver locks. Such figure was boldly laid her condition to the king. Arwin was amazed by the courage his sister was showing. She was not the helpless girl seven yeas ago, she grow into a powerful young miss.

What lies in front of them was a lioness. Zariyah has the aura of a supreme ruler, a true queen. Just by looking at her, all of them wanted to kneel and bow down to her.

The king was fuming mad deep inside of him, because Zariyah has such audacity to ask for condition. And it was not an ordinary condition the silver haired young miss was asking for. He wanted to shout at Zariyah but he wouldn't, because he knew that composure was the first thing every nobles and aristocrats learned on how a high status person would act. But it doesn't apply to the silver haired miss.

The king was very against of abiding the silver haired miss of the Silverglaze household's condition, but he has no other choice but to agree with the young miss of the Silverglaze household. What Zariyah did, was a big stepped down on the king's ego because of what she was asking. In this battle of wits it was the king, his majesty's defeat.

What Zariyah's condition will bring forth embarrassment to the royal family. It was a big hit to the ego of the royal family to be rejected their offer for marriage towards one of the daughters of the arch duke, Lucas Silverglaze III.