23: jordan's parents

Lexis's pov *next morning
I'm awakened by a phone call. "Hello?" I answer feeling groggy.
"Lexis Bowen, hi sweetheart, could I talk to you for a second?" A female voice asks. "Who's this?" I ask.
"Jordan's mom, Denise remember?" I look at the number.
That's her. "Hey Mrs. Lloyd."
"So um I have a question, why is my son in police custody?" Oh shit.
"Jordan broke into the house I was staying at and tried to steal Natalie from me." "Who's Natalie?" Denise asks.
"Our daughter, Jordan's and my daughter," I say in shock. I hear her laugh.
"Honey Jordan doesn't have any kids." "Um yes he does, a two month old daughter to be exact."
It becomes silent. "Mrs. Lloyd, you still there?"
"Uh yes, sorry Lexis. Is there any chance you could bring her over so I could meet her?" "Will Jordan be there?"
"No, he will still be at the police station." "Then yes," I answer.
"Thank you," Denise says and hangs up. I can't believe this.

*later
"It's wacky Daniel, Jordan never told his family that I was pregnant," I say on the phone with Daniel. "They had no idea?" He asks.
"None. I'm at his parents house now, I'll call you back afterwards." "K bye."
I hang up and get out of my car. I get Natalie's baby carrier and walk to the front door.
I knock on the door and Denise answers. "Lexis welcome," she says letting me in.
She leads me into the living room, where her husband (Jordan's dad) is standing. "Lexis hello. A little birdie told me, I have a granddaughter," he says.
I nod and take the blanket off of Natalie's carrier. "Aww isn't she cute. Can I hold her?"
I nod and set down the carrier. I take Natalie out and hand her to Brad.
"Look Denise, she has Jordan's nose," Brad says. "Her name is Natalie right?" Denise asks.
"Yep. Natalie Rae Bowen," I say. "Hmm? Why is her last name Bowen and not Lloyd?"
"Umm it's a long story." Brad gives me a look that said to go on.
"He left the hospital after signing the birth certificate as the father and he wasn't there to pick her name." "Why did he leave?" Denise asked.
"Um he didn't believe he was the father, even though he is." "Oh."
We're silent. "Oh look at the time, it's time to go get Jordan from the police station, thanks for Lexis," Denise says putting Natalie in her carrier.
"Yeah, Bye." I take the carrier and put it in my car.
That was the most awkward experience ever. Never doing that again.

(A/n: okay I need to TALK about the talk music video. Daniel's and Jonah's outfits were amazing, I mean wow. Yes Corbyn, Zach and Jack looked great, but wow.)