20: caught

Lexis's pov
"What are you guys doing?" I stop kissing Daniel and turn to Jack.
"Um I had an eyelash in my eye and Daniel was looking at it so he could get it out," I say in response. "Yeah, let's go get you some water to wash it out," Daniel says walking me over to the bar away from Jack.
"Close call," he mumbles to me. "I'd say."
We sit at the bar for a little while. "Where's Corbyn and Zach?" I ask.
"Probably pretending to be drunk and dancing on the dance floor." I laugh.
"Seriously?" "They do it all the time."
We get hot and decide to go outside. "Rain in California, how ironic," Daniel says.
We stay under the roof ledge. I get cold and Daniel gives me his jacket.
"Well since we're at a club, wouldn't it seem appropriate if we danced?" He says grabbing my hand. "Very."
We start dancing, our bodies close together. He starts humming a soft tune.
"I've never done anything like this with Jordan," I say absent mindlessly. "Really?"
"Yeah he the only romantic thing he would do for me was buy me flowers on very rare occasions." "I remember you would always complain about that, I always felt bad for you because I knew I could give you what you deserved."
I look at him. "How long have you liked me?" I ask.
"Couple years," Daniel replies. I've known Daniel the longest, since we were 14 to be exact.
He puts his hands on my cheeks and we kiss. "Daniel Seavey, hey who's your friend?" A man with a camera says.
"Please leave us alone." "Who's the lucky lady?"
Daniel grabs my hand and we walk back into the club. "Was that paparazzi?" I ask.
"Yep, I have to tell the boys." We approach them at the dance floor.
Daniel mumbles to Corbyn and he nods. We walk out the back through an alley to get to our car.
Zach looks back at Daniel and I in the back seat and we notice that we're still holding hands. "Nice try, to not make it look obvious," Daniel whispers.
"No dirty talk back there," Zach says. I kick his seat.

"Thank you so much for taking care of Natalie for me Jonah," I say. "Yeah any time," he says when he's about to leave my room, when he stops.
"Lexis, this might sound weird, but I was thinking we could possibly get back together." Shit.
"Umm Jonah, I still love you and everything, but I'm in a spot in my life where I just can't get back together with you, if that makes sense." He nods.
"Yeah that was as weird as I thought it was. Have a good night Lexis." He closes my door and walks away.