[Arc 3] ch. 25 Great Sage versus 11th ranked Scorpion

AN:

I JUST NEED TO CLARIFY THIS; KAZUTO'S EX GIRLFRIEND IS NOT ZARIYAH. READ THE PROLOGUE AGAIN, IT STATED THERE THAT ZARIYAH NEVER EXPERIENCE HAVING A BOYFRIEND. THERE'S A BIG TWIST TO THE STORY, SO PLEASE CONTINUE TO READ THIS. THERE'S A LOT TO REVEAL. ^_^

AND IT DOESN'T MEAN ZARIYAH WAS INTRODUCE IN THE STORY, THAT HER DEATH WAS FIRST SHOWN, IT DOESN'T MEAN SHE WAS THE FIRST ONE TO DIE BETWEEN HER AND KAZUTO.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS. FEEL FREE TO FOLLOW ME~

************************************

Chapter 25

The sight of dread was evident in our eyes when our bodies transported in the foot of the mountains of the Aokigahara forest. The taste of death drifted in the air and the stench of blood were present as we started to go deeper in the dense overgrown forest.

It was different from the Grionn forest which we found the five elves that's been captured by the bandits. In Grionn forest, you could feel that life and positive verves were the moment you entered the woodland. Grionn forest is the boundary of Klearione kingdom and the elven kingdom Haillouni.

But here in Aokigahara it was different. The moment we stepped in, we could already feel that our souls were slowly deteriorating. As if death itself were clinging to us.

I could already feel a lot of presences here in this vast wilderness to meet my eyes laid on this deep woodland. Even the trees were like beasts waiting for its opportunity to attack.

"Everyone, be on your guard. Protect the healers and the mages." I said in a low serious voice.

Everyone nodded at what I said. We were walking in a rectangle position where the mages and healers were inside the rectangle, and the knights and five elite warrior elves were positioned in the outline of the shape. Defense tactic Armagiddon.

My eyes were sharp and I was focusing on my <<Magic Perception>> skill. Ashgrif was gritting his teeth as he made careful steps into the ground. I was still riding my Ashgrif and beside me was Shouto who was starting to leak out his yokai energy. The knights and the five elite warrior elves unsheathed their swords while the healers and mages were tightly holding their staffs and wands.

The silence in the forest means that the place we were into was extremely dangerous. As we were about to make another step, birds loudly bawled and scurried away as fast as they can.

Then everyone became unsteady and silently panic because of the high tension in the atmosphere. Out of nowhere, twelve talisman papers were heading towards me and Shouto.

My eyes instantly widened in surprise as I saw it was coming towards us. The knights were too slow to parry it, so I instantly unsheathed my sword and cut every paper talismans which were aimed at my vitals.

When the blade of my katana clashed into the six papers, all of those talisman papers were as sharp as blades. In the corner of my eyes, I saw Shouto managed to make an ice wall in time but one talisman paper grazed his cheek. When I saw blood flowed out from his fresh wound, my eyes instantly turned into a diamond slit that was similar to a pupil of cat who will narrowed when day time.

"We're being ambush!" one of the knights stated.

"Aish Fes vie greiz iffe?!" the female warrior elf stated as she gritted her teeth.

[Tn: bastard, who is attacking us?!]

My golden glowing orbs gleamed at the direction were it was coming from. By just glancing at the papers I've immediately ordered <<Great Sage>> to analyze it. The attack was not coming from a magic, the paper talismans it was made of pure reiatsu, spiritual energy.