CHAPTER 47

"I won't be home till about seven this evening," Katya spoke into the mouthpiece, as she adjusted her legs properly on the carpet, her inner part still sore from the lovemaking session she had had earlier on. Indeed being disvirgined was a bitter sweet experience, one that she ought to relish given normal circumstances, but which had painfully been tainted with the memory of another woman.

"Well, my flight is for eleven this morning and I won't be in town till let's say.." there was a brief pause as though he was checking his watch, "let's say eight this evening. So I suppose it works just fine." Adrian finished.

"But...who will pick you up from the airport? Should I arrange..."

"No don't bother! I'll just get a cab from the airport."

"That will cost an arm and a leg. What about the train..." Katya fussed, feeling guilty that Adrian was having to spend so much money on her account.

"Sis, I can afford it. Why do you think I work so hard?" he laughed, then continued quietly, "This is not a vacation but an emergency trip to be with my sister. Is that so bad?"

Katya smiled. Adrian had always been the caring one out of her two brothers, Andrew being the selfish one who only sought his own comfort first before any other person. Katya fondly called him 'me-me-me bro', a nickname he didn't take too well. Soon, the rest of the family caught up on the nickname and now it was shortened to 'Meme'.

"What about Marie? She must be throwing a tantrum that you are coming over,"

"You bet! But you know me, I've told her to deal with it. Marie can be very unreasonable and that's why I keep postponing our engagement. I don't want this character of hers to spew into our marriage ...if we do get married."

"Hmmm, I'm sensing some hesitation bro. I hope you don't have a side chic."

"No! You should know I'm not that kind of man. I do one at a time," He laughed. "Anyway prepare some nice grub for me okay?"

Katya flinched. Her fridge was empty, and Moya had complained about it just this morning. She had to call Moya to help her with the shopping she had promised to do.

"Don't worry bro. Be assured you won't starve when you get in."

"Good girl. Okay, talk soon, and wish me a safe journey."

"Be safe bro," Katya said, and with that the line went off.

Katya smiled as she dropped her phone on the carpet, her eyes travelling to the little work she had managed to complete in little over two hours; a stack of twenty-five files neatly arranged in a new pile, documents that seemed to be out of place with work that had anything to do with Wilson and Wilson. These files were contract files of importation of crude oil and precious stones from Africa, something Katya wondered why a law firm would dabble into. Katya wondered whether this had anything to do with why the agency that Alex worked for had had an eye for the law firm and why Tara had been planted as a spy in the first place.

Tara!

Always Tara this, Tara that!

Katya hissed.

Maybe she was getting jealous of Tara even though the woman was most probably dead and gone for good. Still, it was becoming annoying when people saw past her and thought of Tara. Did she as Katya no longer matter? And if Tara did commit numerous adulterous affairs with her brother in-law and her father-in-law, then why was Damien King still in love with her?

Katya shook her head, trying to rid her mind of all upsetting thoughts.

She had an important meeting today and she had to be composed.