CHAPTER 27

If Katya had looked at Chris as a carefree man who spent all his time joking and fooling around, and as such had expected him to take her to an inappropriate part of town for lunch, she was in for a rude awakening.

As Katya entered the opulent restaurant, a walkable distance from Wilson and Wilson, she couldn't hold in her surprise, as she stood by the glass door entrance and gasped in amazement.

This restaurant was clearly not your average Joe's lunch-stop. It was exquisite in every way; from the chandeliers that hung from glass ceilings to the walls that were decked in shiny black marble and stones, semi-circular non- transparent glass cubicles filled the restaurant, each cubicle housing a couple of chairs and table, giving its occupants privacy from the occupants of other cubicles. Without a doubt, this restaurant was one of a kind.

"Yes, it's breathtaking!" Chris observed, as he stood close to the flabbergasted Katya, his eyes enjoying the view that was sprawled out in front of them. "First time my old man brought me here, I thought I was in a different dimension, from the reality I am surrounded by every day.

"I...I have never seen anything so beautiful," Katya blurted out, her eyes hungrily devouring every detail of the large restaurant.

"Yeah. Well..." Chris began as he grabbed a hold of Katya's hand and began to lead her towards a cubicle, "...I wanted to give you a special treat for putting up with my crap."

'You owe me nothing," Katya protested as she allowed herself to be led by Chris.

"Oh but I do, and I insist you stop being miss know-it-all and for once agree with Uncle Chris," He joked, as he came to a stop at a cubicle that had a card with his name and Katya's name boldly printed on it.

Katya's eyes bulged open. "How...," She began

"Yes, they are organized," he began smiling broadly, drawing a chair out for Katya. "This place is strictly on appointment."

"Oh! It must cost a fortune," Katya uttered as she sat down, looking closely at the material used in making the interior casing of the cubicle, a kind of thread-like wood interwoven in circular shapes.

"Yes it is quite expensive but I can afford it," he bragged, with a broad grin as he sat down on a chair opposite Katya's.

"Yes I see," Katya rolled her eyes, as she hung her bag on the chair.

"Don't worry, I'm no show-off," He laughed, looking at Katya, as he picked up the golden menu card from the table and began to scan through it.

"Really?" Katya squinted her eyes at him

"Well, maybe a little bit..." he admitted, laughing very hard, his shoulders shaking as he did.

Katya couldn't help but laugh along with Chris, the fact that he could laugh at his own shortcoming, made it all the more amusing.

"Hmmm, what will I eat today?" Chris began, as he used his finger to scroll down the menu. "No...No...no...mmm not bad, but ehm....no."

Katya began to laugh at how ridiculous Chris was sounding. "You better make up your mind fast before we spend the whole day here."

"I eat here every day so...well, you can imagine that I have eaten practically everything here," Chris grinned as he held on to the menu with one hand, tapping on it with his free hand.

"Show off!" Katya smirked, as she arched her brows at him, rubbing her palms together as her elbows pinned the cotton table cloth used to dress the cane table.

"Oh common!" Chris protested dropping the menu on the table and raising both hands in the air. "All I said is that I eat here all the time that's why it can get rather confusing to order for a meal."