CHAPTER 20

"This is so strange," Moya said, her high pitched voice a notch higher than usual

"You can say that again. What worries me is why I have been thrown into all this," Katya sat up on the couch, and adjusted the throw pillow she had been using to rest her head on, and then lay back on the couch, tilting her head to the right until her face was positioned comfortably enough to prevent straining as she looked at her friend, who was sitting on the single one sitter couch directly opposite from where Katya lay down.

Moya had appeared at Katya's front door unannounced, fuming that her supposedly best friend had decided to keep her in the dark. It was early, before seven o'clock, and normally if it were any other person Katya wouldn't have opened her door, but when she looked through the peephole and saw it was Moya, she didn't have the heart to leave her best friend standing out there.

Katya had opened the door to her friend who looked battle ready in her navy green T-shirt on black jean pants. Moya had brushed past Katya and had walked into the apartment, fire spitting out from her dark brown eyes as she sat with a thump on the couch.

That was two hours ago.

They had talked at length since then and Moya was no longer in a grouchy angry mood. Two hours later, instead of anger, all Moya felt for her friend was pity.

"The most worrisome in this is the fact that the police might be involved. If you can't trust the police, who in Pete's name can you trust?" Moya hissed, clapping hard on the armrest of the couch she sat on, her back barely touching the couch.

"I can assure you that in all this nightmare, that's the most disturbing," Katya grumbled, as she let out a loud long yawn. Saturday's weren't days she woke up early. Left to Katya, she would still be sleeping.

"You have to report this to an authority that can handle this. This is way too heavy for you to deal with."

"And which authority or agency might that be?" Katya sniggered, as her hand flew to her eyes, wiping the goo by the corners of her eyes.

"I am just saying that you need to report this, even if it's to the FBI. Aren't they above the police?" Moya sounded exasperated.

"Not higher, just placed with different responsibilities and jurisdictional posts that's all. The police is still the body that has been tasked with protecting lives and property," Katya corrected as she swung her legs off the couch and sat up, her hands flying over her head in a stretch.

"Someone is still sleepy," Moya observed, a smile on her lips for the first time since she entered the apartment.

"Does it come as a surprise? Just look at the hell I've been going through! I am going through physical and emotional fatigue," Katya lamented, letting out a yawn, as her eyes became misty, tears threatening to stream out from them.

"I understand," Moya nodded, her jet black shoulder length hair, moving slowly with her head movement.

"So this boss of yours, is he that good looking?" Moya playfully teased, as she winked at her friend whose mouth was now hanging open.

"Moya! Katya scolded, looking disapprovingly at her friend. "So all you can think about is his looks?"

"Well, you did say he looks like a god-man," Moya laughed. "I want to know how hot he is that's all. Can't a girl dream?"

"He's hot Moya, as in flaming blazing volcanic eruption hot!"

"Ohhh! That's one hot brother!' Moya licked her lips as she rested her back well on the couch, her legs stretched on the carpeted floor. "Hey bamboo, what do you think? Do you think aunt Moya should try her luck on the god-man?"