interview #35 @satinsomnia

1 what do you enjoy most of Wattpad?

I love the Wattpad community. It's amazing, being a part of such an open, friendly community, and everyone is so supportive of each other. Interacting with fellow authors is definitely what I enjoy most.

2 how would you handle a bully?

It all depends on the circumstance. if it's cyberbullying on a site i.e. Wattpad, I'd report the bully to the admins and block that person. The same goes for with social media such as Snapchat: I would block them. If it were in real life, I would report the bullying to a teacher/adult. I wouldn't encourage the bullying by fighting back or saying mean things right back at them.

3 what inspired you to write?

I've been writing since I was 6, and it was just the allure of creating something beautiful out of words that made me love writing. Living in a dull place pushes me to go above and beyond creativity.

4 do you have any other creative outlets?

I would love to say yes, but writing is my main creative outlet. I do like drawing, but it's not something I'm incredibly great at.

 5 what's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist?

I'm absolutely in love with is Go Go by BTS (방탄소년단). I've only been ARMY for a few months, but they're songs are incredibly catchy, and this one is so playful that it always makes me feel good.

 6 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb, who would you choose and what would you do? 

If I had to choose it'd be Jung Hoseok (J-Hope) from BTS, and it'd be nice to do something simple, like watch a movie or go on a trip to the beach.

7 what's your piece of advice to a newcomer?

Write. Write, write, write. Write until your fingers cramp. Write until your vision blurs. Just write. It can be so daunting being new to the writing scene/Wattpad and all you see is tens of thousands of books, sitting there, polished and waiting to be read. My advice would be to write what you love, write what you want to read, and write the story you want to tell. Another big thing is reading. You can't write if you don't read. Reading plays a huge part in how well you write. Reading books frequently, reading different genres, and writing whatever comes to mind are my pieces of advice.

 8 what's your dream vacation? 

My dream vacation would be a trip to South Korea because of the fashion culture and the overall culture itself, or to Australia because it just seems like a beautiful place.

9 what's one Wattpad goal?

To write a book that'll inspire others, and touch the hearts of readers.

10 who is your favorite author outside Wattpad? 

I don't have a favorite author because I just read any random book, but I do like Han Kang's books. She's a South Korean writer, and my favorite of her books is Human Acts.

11 how would you spend a rainy day? 

Netflix. Definitely Netflix.

Request time!

In the month of July last year, I wrote a book called Evelyn. It was in dedication to Pride Month. Evelyn deals with issues such as mental illnesses, LGBTQ+, bullying and other serious topics. I used this book to shed a light on serious issues that some people may not take seriously, and the whole idea of the book is that one minor thing could lead to a whole onslaught of events, and that life is so precious. I'd recommend reading it if you have an interest in seeing life through a depressed teenager's eyes, but there are some themes that may be triggering for some.