<22>

I panted heavily as the punching bag flew from its hook and spilled onto the floor. Sand spread about the concrete as the bag tore from my last hit.

"I don't suppose this is because of something I did?" Aodh chuckled, leaning against the wall as he spoke, watching me lift the now destroyed punching bag and throwing it in the corner of the room. I grabbed another bag and hung it from the hook. I cracked my neck, punching the new bag as harshly as I had the last.

"Not this time, lover boy." I grunted, still punching as hard as I could. My hands and knuckles were red, swollen and bloody and they would undoubtedly be severely bruised later if not scarred. "It's something that I haven't done."

"And what is that?" Aodh raised a brow as I stopped and turned to face him.

"Something similar to your own little secret." I smirked, walking towards the elevator with Aodh following me.

"But aren't you with the person you love?" Aodh questioned, genuine curiosity spilled from his lips as he spoke.

I nodded. "I am, but, I don't know if I actually do love him. I don't know what love even feels like."

Aodh pressed a button, stopping the elevator in the middle of its journey upstairs. He sighed and looked at me, seriousness behind his eyes.

"Love is whatever you think it is." He said, looking me in my eyes. "I see how you are around Loki and I see how he is around you. You love each other, that much is clear. It's just up to you whether or not you're going to tell him. Now tell me, how do you feel when you're around Loki?"

I shrugged. "I don't know...I mean..." I paused, thinking of every moment I have ever been with Loki. "Ever since the first time I saw Loki, my heartbeat always increases and my cheeks feel like they might burn off. He's brought out so much of me that I've always hidden. And when I see him....I just want to hold onto him and never let him go. I....I want to take him to the busiest street and scream to everyone that he's mine. And that I am his. Because...because I never want anyone else by my side. I want to spend the rest of my life with him."

"And all because..." Aodh smiled as I looked at him in a sudden realization.

"I love him." I whispered, pressing the button so that the elevator continued. "Aodh...I love him!"

The elevator doors opened and Aodh grinned. "Don't tell me."

I nodded, running around the tower until I found Loki in our penthouse.

"Loki!" I shouted, breathing heavily. He jumped and looked at me worriedly.

"What is it? Are you alright?" He asked quickly.

I ran up to him and pulled him into a kiss. After a few minutes I pulled away and smiled.

"Loki...." I kissed him again before continuing. "Loki, I-I..."

I froze, unable to finish my sentence for a reason I don't know why. Something was stopping me. But what?

"Aidan what is it?" Loki chuckled.

What if this ruins everything? What if Loki doesn't feel the same? Will he leave, take Breean with him?

I shook the thoughts away. Fuck it....

"I love you."