<14>

"I don't know what to do." Aodh's voice came from the other room as I slowly awoke. I laid on the couch, looking around the room.

Someone moved me.

I quietly got up, went to the bathroom and stood just outside of the kitchen once I was done. Aodh, Bucky and Steve all sat at the small table in the kitchen. They spoke quietly. "How do you reverse something like this?"

"You don't." Bucky sighed. "You just control it. Make sure the words are never heard. For me it's been pretty simple but with her...it's different."

"How?" Aodh scoffed, crossing his arms.

"Because her other side can come out on its own. It doesn't always have to be told." Bucky replied sharply. "So Aidan is going to have to put up a fight in order to overcome this. And I'll be here every step of the way."

"So will I." Steve added. "Now you can leave if you want. But make sure someone comes to take your place. Aidan needs all of the support she can get."

"Maybe her little boy toy can come then." Aodh huffed, standing from the table. "But I'm not going to sit here and watch my sister fight for something that no one can win."

I sighed, finally stepping into the kitchen and smiling. "Morning."

I quickly made myself some coffee. It wasn't my favourite, but, it was something.

"Morning." Bucky and Steve greeted simultaneously. They both put on a fake smile as I sat in Aodh's old seat. I sipped my drink as Aodh pouted and leaned against the wall.

"No one's forcing you to stay, Aodh." I spoke, never looking up from my mug. "But once I'm done with all of this....don't you even think about coming back. Once you walk out of this building, you walk out of my life for good."

I finally looked to Aodh and he nodded, quickly leaving the room. Soon, the sound of the front door slamming echoed through the hall and into the kitchen. My hands shook in anger as I gripped my cup. I threw the it against the wall and quickly stood from the table. I stomped out of the room, made my way onto the roof and watched as Aodh drove away in the spare car that was brought with us.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, falling to my knees. A circle of fire surrounded where I knelt, charring the concrete beneath it. The heat radiated onto my skin, making me sweat slightly. I breathed heavily as tears threatened to fall from my eyes.

Aidan...

I gasped, falling forwards into the fire. I quickly put it out before it completely engulfed me.

"Loki." I spoke aloud, my voice cracking slightly. I cleared my throat. "I thought I had my barrier up."

It was up.

Then what happened?

I don't know...

Loki...I miss you.

I miss you too, love.

My heart jumped as he spoke. Love.

It feels like I've been gone forever.

Its only been a month.

A month too long without you.

We will see each other soon. I promise. 

I smiled and nodded as if he could see me.

Alright. I'll talk to you later, Mischief.

Good bye, Aidan.

I sighed and stood, slowly, I making my way back inside. Bucky and Steve both sat on the loveseat. I dragged a chair in front of them and sat.

"So." I cleared my throat. "I know I said that he needed to stay away...but-

"Loki should be here." Steve interrupted. "You need him, Aidan. And he needs you."

I bit my lip and nodded. "Okay."

"He can come anytime." Steve smiled. "Thor can have him here in five minutes if you want."

I chuckled. "They can take their time. Take a plane or a jet or something."

"So who exactly is Loki?" Bucky asked, looking between both Steve and myself.

"Brother of Thor." I smiled. "God of Mischief, my boyfriend. You two might actually get along."

Bucky smiled. "He must be a good guy if he's with you."

I shrugged. "He's better than me, honestly."

"Hey now." Steve spoke up. "No one's better than anyone. You both have made each other better. You've grown...together."

I jumped as the small, disposable phone rang in my pocket. I took it out and read the caller ID before answering. "Hello?"

"Aidan." Tony spoke. "I just heard from Aodh. Is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine, Tony." I laughed. "Aodh's just an ass. And-

"Loki is getting on a jet as we speak. Thor is coming too." Tony finished. "You're going to beat this, kid."

I nodded and smiled. "Thank you, Tony."

"You're welcome." Tony chuckled. "I gotta go, kid."

"Bye." I sighed just before Tony ended the call. "Rude."

"So what's going on?" Steve asked, standing up.

"Loki and Thor are on their way." I explained, handing Steve the phone.

"Keep it." He smiled, pressing the phone back into my palm. "I have my own. And so does Buck."

I nodded, tucking the phone back into my pocket. "So how do you think I can beat this?"

"What's kept Sam away for so long?" Bucky asked.

I shrugged. "I never really think about her honestly. I've always been distracted by something more important. Like what I was going to eat that day or where I was going to get money. Even now...you guys have kept me on my toes with something. Whether it be the training or the missions."

"That's it then." Steve smiled. "You just have to keep her off of your mind. Make her pretty much irrelevant to your existence."

I nodded. "Yeah. I think you're right."