<2>

"You look ravishing." Loki smirked as he took in my appearance.

"And so do you." I replied smoothly. "Now where shall we go?"

"I don't know." Loki shrugged. "Maybe we could give Badb a visit?"

"You do remember that I promised to never see her again, right?" I asked as we continued our walk to nowhere. "Besides, I don't want to have to kill her. I want my first villainous deed to be cool."

"Who says we have to be villains?" Loki asked, raising an eyebrow. "And ruling a small kingdom doesn't sound too bad."

I chuckled. "You have a point. But I want something new. Something fresh. Like, maybe even being a villain again."

Strangers stared at our attire as we passed. Our matching black armour catching their attentions. I smirked as a group of boys stared at me in awe. Loki growled, pulling me against his side as he glared at the teens and they quickly looked away. 

"Stupid boys." He scoffed.

"Aww, is Loki jealous?" I teased. "Is the God of Mischief afraid that he'll lose his girlfriend to some teen boys?"

Loki glared down at me in annoyance. He shook his head and his lips pursed. "Shut up." He mumbled.

I didn't speak a word until we were back in our apartment with Loki begging me to speak the entire way there.

"Why aren't you talking to me?" Loki whined as we sat on the sofa.

I wrote on a piece of paper and handed it to him.

"You told me to shut up." It read.

Loki scoffed. "I didn't mean literally."

I held back a laugh as Loki pouted and crossed his arms.

This is so out of your character.

No, this is just the side that no one ever sees...

I chuckled, laying down and resting my head onto Loki's thigh.

"I like it." I grinned as I looked up at Loki. "What else is there that you never show?"

"You've pretty much seen it all now." Loki answered as he ran his fingers through my hair gently. It had grown past my shoulders, resting just above my shoulder blades. Chills ran down my spine as his bright eyes locked onto my own.

"I'm honoured." I smiled brightly and Loki continued to pet my hair as I spoke. "I really like being around you, Mischief. You're the only person that I've been able to click with in a long time. And I know it sounds cheesy, but, I have never shown much emotion until I met you. A-and the Avengers. But now you're all I've got."

I exhaled shakily, tears building up in my eyes. Loki caressed my cheek, swiping a tear that had fallen.

"We still have them, you know." Loki spoke softly. He stared down at me sadly. "We can always go back."

"Can we?" I chuckled. "They never really wanted us anyway. So now that we've left do you really think they'll take us back?"

"Aidan." Loki said sternly. "Stark was drunk and repeating what Fury had said a long time ago. No one was using us for anything. Besides, why else would they keep calling?"

"No one disagreed with what he said!" I snapped. "They were only defending us sleeping together."

"Which means they didn't think that you're dangerous!" Loki replied, his voice was slightly raised.

I sat up quickly, glaring at him. "Don't yell at me."

"I wasn't yelling." Loki rolled his eyes. "I'm trying to tell you that Stark is just an asshole and we left for no reason!"

I scoffed, still staring at him. "We left because I felt betrayed. I didn't know anything except that Stark basically called me a monster and no one told him any different. So I'm sorry that I dragged you with me because of my emotions."

Loki sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "You didn't drag me, and you don't have to apologize. I just don't know what to do....a-and I want what's best for the both of us. But I just so happen to think that being with the Avengers is what's best. We don't have to go back to what we were and prove everyone who has ever doubted us right. All we need is each other and the only people that have ever believed in us. The only ones who ever gave us a chance."

I nodded slowly. "We've been gone so long...will they even let us come back?"

Loki smiled, resting a hand on my leg. "I'm sure they will."

I sat silently in thought and eventually, I spoke.

"Let's wait one more month." I nodded. "Yeah, one more month. And we can slowly reconnect with them."

"Alright." Loki smiled.