<17>

I sat on the bathroom floor and waited for the results to show. After ten minutes, I internally screamed as I looked at the two vertical lines. It was positive.

"Oh god...." I whispered to myself, shaking my head. "No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Please no."

It felt like I had jumped out of my skin as a soft knock came from the other side of the door.

"Aidan, are you in there?" Loki asked, fiddling the locked doorknob.

"I'm almost done." I stated, quickly shoving the test into my pocket before standing and opening the door. "Hi."

Loki raised a brow. "Hi. Are you alright?"

"Perfect." I smiled weakly as I walked past Loki. I made my way into the kitchen, making myself some tea with shaky hands. I fidgeted with the test in my pocket as I waited for my tea to finish sitting and I shakily drank from my mug, thinking about what I could possibly do. I walked out to the balcony, taking a seat at the table.

"Aidan." Loki sat next to me on the balcony. "Is there something you need to tell me?"

I nodded hesitantly. "Yeah."

"Go on, then." Loki smiled reassuringly.

I breathed heavily, pulling the test from my pocket and placing it in front of him on the table. Loki picked up the test with wide eyes.

"This is real?" He asked, looking up at me in shock.

"It's real, Loki." I nodded and chuckled as tears trickled down my cheeks.

"Oh my god..." Loki smiled brightly, standing up and lifting me out of my chair and into the air, spinning around with me in his arms. He finally let me down but only to pull me into a kiss. He pulled away with a wide grin and tears glossing over his eyes. "I'm going to be a father."

"You already are one." I cried, rubbing Loki's cheek with my thumb.

"I'm a father...." Loki picked me up again, carrying me around as he shouted excitedly. "I'M A FATHER!"

"Loki!" I laughed, clinging onto his shoulders as he continued to carry me. "Don't drop me!"

Loki sat me down, still holding me close to him. He kissed my forehead and grinned as Steve and Bucky quickly ran into the room.

"Is everything okay?" Steve asked, panting. "We heard shouting."

I laughed and nodded. "We're okay. Loki just got some really good news."

"Are you?" Bucky questioned.

I nodded. "I am."

Loki hugged me again, lifting me into the air as he did. "I can't believe it!"

Steve chuckled. "I see someone's happy."

"Yeah." I giggled as Loki clung to me like a small child. "Loki."

"Did you guys drug him?" Tony asked as he stepped into the room.

I laughed, petting Loki's hair and shaking my head. "Can we gather everyone in here?"

Tony nodded, pulling out his phone and speaking over an intercom system. "Everyone to the foyer. I repeat, everyone to the foyer."

After a few minutes, everyone sat in the foyer. Loki and myself sat on the floor in front of everyone.

"So I've gathered you all here for a reason." I chuckled as Loki still wrapped himself around me. "Loki, oh my god, calm down."

Loki smiled, still not letting go of me.

"Anyways." I rolled my eyes. "I'll just be straight forward."

I paused for a moment, realizing what I was about to say aloud.

"Aidan." Loki whispered in my ear. "It's alright. I can say it if you want."

I shook my head and smiled. "I can do it."

Loki grabbed my hand, squeezing it lightly. He nodded, urging me to speak.

"I'm pregnant." I sighed shakily, holding onto Loki's hand tightly. "God, I never thought I would say that."

No one spoke as they all piled atop of me in a group hug. I wheezed as their weight got to me.

"Can't...breathe." I groaned, pushing Tony away from me. He was the first to pounce on me. "Loki, help."

Loki chuckled, transporting us both to the other side of the room. We watched as everyone fell into a pile on the floor and I laughed, resting a hand on my belly as I did.

"Aidan."

I jumped and turned around as someone spoke my name.

"What are you doing here?" I growled as Aodh took a step closer, holding up his hands in surrender.

"Listen," he sighed. "I never wanted to leave."

"Then why did you?" I asked harshly. "Why did you say that no one could beat Sam?"

"Because you can't." Aodh sighed. "Not on your own. But I left to find help."

"We don't need help." I hissed. "And I can beat this."

"You do need help, Aidan!" Aodh shouted. "We need as much help as we can get because Sam is dangerous. She's like a Winter Soldier but worse and she'll have your powers if she takes over. Do you realize that? Image how much damage she would do with your abilities."

"That's why I'm not gonna let her take over. I've thought about it. Every scenario in the book has crossed my mind, trust me, I know what that would be like."

"She's strong, Aidan." Aodh spoke calmly. "She's come out on her own before. What makes you think she won't do it again?"

"Because I'm taking control of the situation. She had the opportunity because I didn't stop her. But now I'm not letting her do what she wants. I'm the one in charge."

"And what if she comes out?" Aodh asked. "What if what happened in the HYDRA facility happens again?"

"It's not going t-

"You don't know that." Aodh interrupted, shaking his head. "You really don't. She's capable of more than you know. More than you could ever imagine."

"And how do you know all of this?" I questioned, stepping closer to him.

"Because I found one of the agents that saw everything." Aodh sighed. "A man that worked for HYDRA."