<19>

"Aidan, this is madness." Loki spoke loudly as I packed my bags. "You can't do this. I won't allow it."

I paused and turned to face him. "So you're my boss now?"

"If I have to be."

I nodded and returned to packing my bags. "Alright."

"Why are you still packing?" Loki questioned, not daring to physically stop me.

"Because we have a jet to catch." I said, zipping up my last bag and sighing. "Oh, you thought I was going alone? Nope! You have to help."

"I'm not going to help." Loki hissed, grabbing my arms. He calmed before speaking his next statement. "I know what helping entails and I will not do it."

"Then stay here and let me go." I smiled, pulling away from Loki and grabbing my bags from the bed. "If you change your mind, the jet is taking off in 20 minutes."

"What about the baby?" Loki asked in one last attempt to keep me home.

I sighed, shaking my head. "The baby will be okay. It's not human... it will survive what's to come."

With one last smile, I gave Loki a light peck on the cheek before exiting our penthouse through the elevator. Steve, Natasha and Aodh sat and waited outside for me.

"I'm ready." I stated, allowing Steve to take my bags for me. We stepped inside the jet and sat. "Let's wait for a few minutes just in case Loki changes his mind."

Natasha nodded, taking her hands off the shifts. We waited ten minutes before Natasha spoke up.

"Aidan, we have to go." She sighed, starting up the jet.

"30 more seconds." I said, watching closely for Loki.

"Aidan." Natasha stated. "We ha-

"Five more." I pleaded. "Please."

Natasha sighed and nodded. Everyone looked up as the sounds of footsteps echoed into the jet. Deep green leather followed by pale skin and raven hair turned the corner quickly. I smiled as Loki stepped into the jet, Natasha flying away just as he sat down.

"What changed your mind?" Aodh asked, crossing his arms.

"Don't start Aodh..." I warned.

"It's alright." Loki assured,  looking at Aodh and smiling. "I care for your sister more than you could ever know, Aodh. So I suggest you shut your mouth before I tell Steve your little secret."

"What?" Steve asked, looking between us. He went ignored and shrugged, walking to the front of the jet with Natasha.

Aodh said nothing as he glared at Loki evilly.

What's his secret?

Aodh has caught feelings for Captain America.

No...

Oh yes. I think your brother's in love.

"Stop talking privately." Aodh spat. "If you can't say it aloud then you shouldn't say it at all."

Loki chuckled. "You really want me to say your secret aloud?"

Aodh looked at me and shook his head. "Don't." He mouthed, glancing at Steve fearfully.

I nodded and smiled. "Loki, can we talk for a moment?"

Loki looked up at me as I stood. He followed as I walked towards the back of the jet with his hand gripped in my own.

"What is it?" Loki asked, looking down at me.

"I wanted to pick out the names." I explained, taking a seat on the floor. Loki did the same, taking his hands in my own. "I haven't thought of any."

Loki nodded. "What's your middle name?"

"What?" I chuckled nervously.

"You never mention it and it wasn't even on your gravestone." Loki continued. "So what is it?" 

"It's uh..." I blushed, looking away from Loki. "It's-

"Guys we're gonna have to make a stop." Steve announced, making me sigh in relief as I quickly stood to my feet. "We've got to grab some more supplies before we continue."

I nodded, standing next to Steve. I glanced behind me seeing Loki standing where we had just been talking. I placed my attention back on Steve as he continued to speak.

For the rest of the night, I absolutely could not focus on anything.

~~~°~~~°~~~°~~~°~~~°~~~°~~~°~~~

"Aidan, you alright?" Steve questioned, startling me out of my own thoughts. Ever since the mention of my middle name occurred, I couldn't think of anything else.

I nodded, barely processing his words before answering. "Yeah."

"Have you even heard anything we've said in the past five minutes?" Aodh asked condescendingly.

"I don't know, lover boy, have I?" I snapped back harshly, crossing my arms. I closed my eyes tightly as a sharp pain spread throughout my head. My temples throbbing from the sudden migraine.

Let me out, Aidan...just give in already.

I shook my head, pressing my palms over my eyes. "No."

"Aidan?" Loki stood from the couch, kneeling in front of me and resting his hands on my shoulders.

Let me out.

"No. No. No. No. No." I repeated as the voice in my head grew louder and more angry.

Let me out. Let me out. LET ME OUT!

"NO!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, pushing Loki away just as my entire body engulfed in violent flames. I breathed heavily as my mind cleared and I came back to reality. Aodh, Steve and Loki all stood, looking at me in both worry and amazement. Natasha's face was similar as she entered the room abruptly and froze in the doorway.

"Aidan." Loki spoke calmly, inching towards me. "It's alright."

I shook my head, allowing loud sobs to escape as I fell onto my knees and the flames went out as I cried loudly. Loki wrapped his arms around me in both comfort and to shield my almost naked form. The flames having singed through most of my clothes. I held onto my stomach, rubbing the small bump that had formed in the past month. Loki did the same as a way to calm me.

"Just take me to the facility." I sobbed into Loki's shoulder as he still held me as close as physically possible. "Do whatever you have to but get this bitch out of my head."

"Aidan.."

"Promise me." I sniffled, looking up at Loki and gazing amongst the three men. "Promise me you'll do everything you have to."

Aodh and Steve nodded. Their faces both blank. I returned my eyes to Loki.

"Please." I whispered.

Loki bent down, kissing my lips softly before pulling away and nodding.

"I swear on my life that I will do everything." He spoke quietly, pulling me close once more as I began to cry again.

+

+Thank you all so much for over 200 reads already!
Feel free to comment/Dm me about any mistakes or even ideas as to what may happen next!
Thank you all so much again!

          --Swallow_Steve ❤