<9>

"Wait." Steve spoke. "You were a HYDRA experiment?"

I nodded. "That's where Sam comes from. All of the pain created another personality in my mind. She's dangerous. She came out after....let's just say she's very protective."

Bucky sighed. "And you remember everything she does?"

"It's like I'm being forced to watch a massacre on a big screen. Sam is insane. She rarely comes out on her own...but when the right words are spoken..."

"She's like the Winter Soldier." Steve finished, looking over to Bucky and frowning. "Do you know the words?"

I nodded, taking a seat on the floor. "If you want I can write them down. There's also words to make her go away."

"Yeah. We could use both." Bucky sighed. "You can sit on the couch, you know. I don't bite."

"I like sitting on the floor." I smiled, thinking of all the times Loki and I sat on the floor together. The first time we kissed was even on the floor of a balcony.

"Aidan?" Steve spoke, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Sorry." I chuckled. "Zoned out for a second."

"I know you and Loki would sit on the floor all the time." Steve smiled. "That's what you were thinking of, right?"

I nodded. "You know me too well."

Steve grinned, crossing his arms. "We are going to need more about your time with HYDRA."

"Okay." I whispered, staring at the floor nervously. "What do you want to know?"

Bucky sighed, placing a hand on my shoulder. "It's gonna be hard, but, this is a big part of helping you."

I nodded and moved to sit next to Bucky on the loveseat. "When I first arrived, they didn't do anything. I sat in a cell for at least a week. But, after they got me out of that cell...it all went to shit. They strapped me to a chair and that's where I stayed for a long time. They would electrocute me, say the words and then repeat that process. They tortured me in every way possible....."

Bucky rested a hand on my knee. "It's alright...take your time."

I exhaled shakily, swiping away a stray tear. "From electrocution to....to other things....they did it all. They broke me. Mentally and physically. The only reason I'm alive is because of my powers. That and they made sure I survived...they wanted something out of me. And they almost had it."

"What happened?" Aodh asked, leaning forward in his seat.

"I escaped during an invasion." I sniffled, wiping the corner of my eye. "When Cap and the soldiers came...I escaped."

"How long were you there?" Aodh asked, folding his hands together anxiously.

"They tortured me for about...five years. I was in ice for maybe thirty." I explained. "They took me out of the ice, tortured me for another six months and then I escaped. But those last six...they were the ones that made Sam appear."

"Damn." Aodh whispered.

Everyone stayed silent, processing my words. Bucky shook his head while Steve pinched the bridge of his nose. I frowned, watching as the three men sat in a pitiful silence.

"Sorry guys." I feign smiled. "Didn't mean to depress you."

Aodh chuckled, sitting back on the sofa. "I'm already depressed. You had nothing to do with it."

I smiled, hiding my face in my hands as I began to cry.

"Hey." Steve spoke, kneeling down in front of me. He pulled me into a hug and I quickly wrapped my arms around him, crying into his shoulder. Another person followed, wrapping his arms around me just before the last pair of arms joined as well. We all sat in a group hug for a while before a loud knock startled all four of us. I jumped, quickly running out of the room. I could barely hear Steve's voice from one of the bedrooms.

"Yeah. She's doin' alright." Steve sighed. "We just found out that she's a lot like Bucky. Sam is like the Winter Soldier. Only, she can come out on her own sometimes."

"What?" It was Tony.

"She's been through hell and back, Tony." Steve exhaled loudly.

I slowly stepped out of the bedroom, standing in the doorway that led into the small living room. I held my hands behind my back nervously. 

"H-hey, Tony."