<12>

Loki. If I give you coordinates....can you come here? Well...in the form of an illusion. I just don't want to talk like this forever.

I don't even need them. I already know where you are.

I smiled as Loki appeared before me. I looked at him closely. His right thumb glitched slightly and I sighed in both relief and disappointment.

"Hey, Mischief." I chuckled weakly, tucking my hands in my pockets.

"Aidan." He breathed. "Are you alright? I-I heard...something."

"It was Sam." I sighed, slowly pacing between a small dent in the floor and the chair. "She took over while I was thinking about my time here. Oh, by the way, I was a HYDRA experiment for almost 36 years."

Loki nodded. "Tony told me. I just wish I could really be here."

I bit my lip. I wished he could be too. "You can't, though."

"I know." Loki crossed his arms. "Are you really okay?"

"I am. What did you hear?"

"You." Loki stepped closer to me. "Only it wasn't you. Same voice, different person. She was...she was telling me about how she was never going to give you back once she was out."

"Well she already failed at that."

"This wasn't the time." Loki scoffed. "This was just the beginning. But.."

"But?"

"She wanted me to join her." Loki explained, looking at the floor.

"Join her in what, exactly?" I questioned, stepping closer to him with crossed arms.

"In her plan to take over your body. To make you the second person instead of her. And to help make everyone else her helpers."

"You won't do it, right?" I stood right in front of him, uncrossing my arms.

"Did you really just ask me that?" Loki scoffed. "Of course not. Why would I ever?"

I shrugged. "She's very good at manipulating people."

"Well she's not going to get to me." Loki chuckled, reaching out his hand. It faded into my cheek and tingled slightly against my skin.

"I know." I smiled, wiping a tear from my cheekbone. "You should go. I'll be back soon."

Loki nodded before vanishing from in front of me. I sighed and made my way outside. Aodh, Steve and Bucky all stood next to the truck and their conversation ended as they saw me walk towards them.

"How did it go?" Steve asked as we all got into the truck.

"Sam wanted Loki to join her." I explained. Aodh began to drive away from the facility as I continued to speak. "She plans on taking over. Making me the second personality and convincing you guys to be her helpers. And today was just the beginning. Like a test. Maybe HYDRA was done with me. And this is the last step of the experiment. Beyond the Winter Soldier's. Entirely new people that need no hypnosis to follow orders."

The truck stayed silent. All three men were at a loss for words. I sighed, rubbing my face tiredly.

"Your silence makes me feel like an ass." I groaned. "You could at least say that's crazy or something."

"Wow. That's crazy." Aodh mocked, turning a corner sharply. I was knocked over, hitting my head on the window roughly.

"Shit!" I winced, rubbing the side of my head. "Goddamnit, Aodh!"

"Watch your mouth!" Aodh snapped back as he began to drive faster.

"Slow down, Aodh." Steve said, tapping Aodh's shoulder. "Aodh, slow down!"

Aodh slammed the brakes and the truck came to a halt, roughly throwing all of us forward. Aodh quickly got out of the truck and disappeared after jumping from the cliff next to us. 

"Aodh!" I gasped, jumping out of the truck and running to the edge of the cliff. Aodh stood at the bottom along the shore of a stream. "God...if you exist...please let me make this."

I screamed as I jumped over the edge of the cliff. On the way down, I hit a root that stuck out of the cliff and I groaned as I hit the ground, landing on my back.

"You're an idiot." Aodh scoffed, throwing a rock into the water.

I slowly sat up, wheezing due to the wind being knocked out of me. "How did you make that?"

"I've been doing it for years." Aodh laughed. "At least you didn't break your legs like I did my first time."

I winced in pain, crawling next to Aodh. "Why did you get so pissed?"

"Because I know that Loki is going to join Sam."

"He would never do that." I defended, furrowing my brows. "I know he wouldn't."

"How?" Aodh asked, looking down at me. "Did he tell you?"

I nodded.

"And you trust his words?" Aodh rolled his eyes. "You're insane for even being with him. He's a fucking douchebag. You can do so much better."

I whipped my head to look at him and before I could think, my hand harshly connected with his cheek.