Oops its not an update

So like I know you guys probably think I suck after updating, but it's not a real update.

I promise (lol) that the next chapter will be up soon :)

Anyway I'm updating this because I've been finding some cool song lyrics, quotes, and just songs in general that remind me a lot of my book promise. So I'd thought I'd share them with you.

Some of the songs are the ones I listen to, to write these chapters. So if you want to, you can listen to them while your reading Promise as well :)

So I'm going to start with the quotes:

"Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up."

So this quote just reminds me of Sadie in General. She's scared to love Luke, and like anyone, she dosnt want her heart broken. But now that we are nearing the end of the story, you can tell how much she really loves him.

"The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space."

So like I thought of this one because like Sadie and lukes relationship isn't all sexual and stuff and they don't just date for all that ya know? They deeply love eachother and care. Yes they did have sex but it was out of love for eachother. So yeah.

"You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not."

So this one REALLY spoke to me for this book. Because Sadie loves Luke for how imperfect he is and even though he's had so much trouble in his past, she still loves him for him. We could say the same for lukes feelings for Sadie.

Okay so now I'm just going to put down some song lyrics that reminded me of the book Promise:

"I was made to keep your body warm

But I'm cold as the wind blows so hold me in your arms"

- Ed sheeran Kiss Me

So I don't know what Ed thought these lyrics meant, but this is how I thought of them. So Luke loves Sadie and wants to make her happy and wants to make her strong, but he's also so weak so he needs Sadie to look out for him as well.

"Where are you and I'm so sorry

I cannot sleep I cannot dream tonight

I need somebody and always

This sick strange darkness

Comes creeping on so haunting every time"

And

"Don't waste your time on me you're already

The voice inside my head"

Are lyrics from the song I Miss You by Blink-182

The first lyrics remind me of the first night Luke calls Sadie and he comes over to sleep with her. I was thinking at the time he couldn't sleep because he was over thinking about everything in his life and he was scared. That ties into the 2nd lyrics because he's doubting himself and dosnt think he's good enough for Sadie.

Okay so now the songs! These are mostly slow, sad, love songs, because Promise is quite a depressing book. But I hope that you learn about some new songs from this (probably not lol)

(This is from the playlist I made for writing the chapters of promise)

-

Amnesia- 5 seconds of summer

-

Kiss me- ed sheeran

-

Hey there Delilah- plain white t's

-

A thousand Years- Christina Perri

-

One- Ed sheeran

-

Photograph- ed sheeran

-

The scientist- Coldplay

-

Same mistakes- one direction

-

Battle scars- Lupe fiasco

-

Give me love- ed sheeran

-

Autumn Leaves- ed sheeran

As you can tell, I listen to a lot of Ed sheeran while I write Promise lol. His songs just fit the story I guess.

Well I hope this was cool to see, and to read why I picked the quotes, lyrics, and songs. If you have any questions, comment them, and I'll answer! I hope you enjoyed this inside look on promise :)