Chapter 4

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN SADIE ELIZABETH FLETCHER!" My mom screamed at me as Molly and I slammed the screen door to our kitchen shut. "I was just at the beach mom, chill the fuck out." I rolled my eyes, opening the refrigerator door, the cold engulfing my upper half.

"SADIE THATS NOT WAY TO TALK TO YOUR MOTHER." My mom paused looking at me, then looking at Molly, weighing the pros and cons of screaming at her daughter in front of her best friend. Wow such a nice mother, I skoff, grabbing a water bottle and closing the door to the fridge.

"YOU COULD HAVE CALLED ME. YOU WERE GONE FOR SO LONG. SOMEONE COULD HAD KIDNAPPED YOU FOR ALL I KNOW. SO DONT TELL ME TO CALM THE FUCK DOWN." My mom screamed at me some more. "WHAT THE HELL." I screech at my own mother. "I CALLED YOU. HER CAR RAN OUT OF FUCKING GAS. THE LEAST YOU COULD HAVE DONE IS ANSWER, INSTEAD OF SITTING ON THAT FAT ASS OF YOURS ALL DAY. " I finish, I can't believe I just said those words.

She looks livid, standing there, red faced, knuckles turning white. "Youuuu..." She whispered, coming closer to me. I give a quick glance at Molly, seeing her standing there wide in terror. I can't say I looked any different. "Mom I-"

"I do so much for you! So much! Why have you turned into such a BITCH!" She screamed at me, voice hoarse, as she jumped right in front of me. I felt her hot breath on my face, and I backed up, my back pressing against the fridge. "Please, mom, Molly is here I-" before I could finish she grabbed my wrists, instant pain shooting up my arms. I winced. "Your terrible, your such a mess up. I wish your father had taken you with him." She whispered, her words piercing me with such force, tears brimmed my eyes.

"I-" I turned my gaze to Molly her face tear stained. She knew about my mother, but had never seen her do anything. "I wish you had went with him." I spat, looking straight into my moms eyes and horror struck her face. She was taken aback by my comment. "Go to hell." I flipped her off and shaked her now loose grasp off my arms. I walked quickly over to Molly.

"W-where are you going?" My mom asked, still taken aback by my rude comment. So now she's all worried about her little "bitch". "Molly's. Like you would care. Don't expect me to be back for a while." I roll my eyes, grab Molly's arm, and practically dragged her out of my house away from that thing I call my mother.

                                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were sitting on the floor of her room, looking at a magazine, listening to music, and talking about random things. My long brown curls fell over my shoulders bouncing along to the song. Molly had her head stuck in the section of different hairstyles in the magazine. She suddenly looked up.

"Sadie I know we promised to never speak of tonight again, but I just want you to know if there are any problems later on, always come to me. Just come over. I won't be busy. Remember your my only friend." She smirked at her last comment, trying to make the conversation more lighthearted.

"Yep." I croak out, looking into her sincere eyes. "Cool. What do you want to do?" She asked looking back into my eyes. "Oh! I squealed, fumbling around and pulled out my phone. "Ashton gave me his number! We can call him!" I say, smile on my face. He will brighten my mood.

My grin gets even longer when I hear the phone pick up.

"Hey"

"Yo....I'm at Molly's"

"Cool. I was hoping you would call tonight."

I could almost see the smile on his face when he said these words. Ashton's such a flirt, I thought to myself, but I was kind of enjoying it to be honest.

"Well ya know, we are really bored so I thought maybe we could talk."

"Sure I'm with Cal and some other guys."

The line goes silent for a few seconds.

"Want to hangout tommorow?"

My heart leaps as he said these words. Just us? Or everyone? Does this mean he's interested in me? My head buzzes with questions as I stare at Molly, her head cocked to one side wondering what's going on.

"With some friends of course."

He finishes his sentence and my heart, drops? Was I actually wanting it to be just us?

"Sure..like who?"

"Well me, you, Molly, Cal, and our friends you haven't met named Luke...and Michael."

I look over at Molly. Now she's on her feet, still looking at me, begging me to tell her what's going on.

"Okay! Let me ask Molly what she thinks about it. We are not really doing anything tommorow..." I think of my mom. "So let me ask! One sec."

I say and pull the phone away from the side of my face. "What's going on?!" Molly excitedly asks, looking at me. "Ashton's wants to know if we all want to hangout tommorow! Me, you, him, cal, and two others guys!" Want to?" I ask her, beaming. "Of course! He will have to pick us up because my car is still broken though." She reminded me. Molly sat back down.

"That will be great. Can you guys pick up at around 12:30?"

"Awesome. I'll be there. Bye Sadie!"

The phone clicked, signaling he had hung up.