Chapter 1

"Wake up Sadie, it's like 2 in the afternoon." I open my eyes, then quickly close them back shut. The blinding lights of summer sting, but it eventually fades away. I open them again and this time I see the world a little  more clearly. Molly, my best friend that I've known for 8 years stands over me, fully dressed, and blond hair pulled back in a high ponytail.

"Molly, it's summer, your suppose to sleep in." I moaned and sat up, rubbing my eyes. I looked around my room. My walls were painted a light blue, a color Molly and I picked out when I decorated my room a few years back. A bookcase stood in one corner, and in another; a crammed desk.

"What do we even have to do that's so important anyways?" I added, stretching my limbs and leaning against my beds backboard. I don't even know how Molly got in? This girl I swear. I'm happy she's here though, so I don't have to interact with my crazy mom.

She looked at me annoyed, but slightly amused. "Um we are going shopping?" Molly smirks, "don't you remember?" She teases. I roll my eyes. I forget everything. Except for like song lyrics, and the occasional weird fact.

I slip out of my bed a walk towards the bathroom. The dingy old bathroom that connects to my room. Its ugly and gross, and I try not to use it as much as possible.

"Well I'm going to take a shower, so make yourself at home." I say sarcastically, looking at Molly as she reclines in my desk chair, feet on my desk.

"Just hurry up." She laughs and motions for me to head into the bathroom. I roll my eyes and close the door.

"Your going to wear that?" Molly asks me as I step out into my room after my shower. I look down to see what I was wearing. Black leggings, and a baggy grey sweatshirt. I had pulled my frizzy curls into a lopsided bun and hadn't thought about putting any makeup on.

"What?"

"Dude come on Sadie, we are going out in public, AND it's like 95 degrees outside. You'll pratically catch in fire. Get out of it and out some shorts on for once. How about a tank top? Don't tell me you don't have one, WE LIVE IN AUSTRAILIA FOR GOODNESS SAKE!" Molly says trying to catch her breath. She said it so fast I barely heard half of it. I might have not been listening either.

I laugh and head over to my small closet in the corner of my room. "Fine, what should I wear then Ms. Fashionista?" Molly rolls her eyes but giggles. She walks over to the closet next to me and helps me go through my racks of clothing.

We might fight all the time, mostly for stupid reasons, but we are the best of friends. We just get eachother. I've never met anyone who knows me and gets me as much as Molly does. We have the same interests, love the same kind of music, and absolutely love to write. We are the perfect pair.