Chapter 18

HI GUYSSSSS ENJOY THIS NEXT CHAPTERRRRR

The cops had came. And they took him away.

"Sadie." Ashton voice cracked as he sat down next to me on the cold pavement. I was still sitting outside of Michaels house, in the same position of last night. I sat there like a statue, watching the night replay over and over again in my mind. Earlier that morning, Michael had wrapped a blanket over me, telling me to come inside, but I had declined. I didn't feel like moving. I didn't really feel like living either.

"Ashton what did I watch." I whispered, tears urging to come out. But I had none left. I was bone dry, crying all the tears I had before, and now I was empty.

"He will be okay." He said, patting my knee with his large hands. "It's not your fault."

"It is though. It is Ashton. I drove him into insanity. I did it all, and I should be blamed." I argued back, looking out to the other side of the street, empty.

"No you shouldn't. You need to understand that he was already troubled." He answered, curtly nodding his head, agreeing with himself. "I didn't know he would go that far though Sadie."

"I'm sorry I didn't call you." I whispered, leaning into Ashton.

"It's fine. You really should have though. I would have picked you up and you could have stayed with me." He mumbled back, kissing the top of my head.

We sat there for a long time. Watching few cars pass along the quiet street, and listening to the wind pass through the trees. Summer was ending, and we all could tell.

"Ashton." I whispered finally, breaking the natural silence.

He mumbled again.

I could have told him that I was confused by Luke. That I didn't understand why I felt so much emotion towards him. I could have told him how I wanted to help Luke, and I could have told him how I had messed up with him. I could have told Ashton that I felt something for Luke....

But I didn't.

"I really like you." I wouldn't call it lying, but I certainly didn't mean it.

"I like you too." He answered me.

But all I could think about was Luke.

THIS IS SO FUCKING SHORT IM SORRY

-

I JUST FINISHED READING THE STORY "GEEK" AND IM CRYING IT WAS SO SAD UGH