Chapter 17

OMFG I HAVNT UPLOADED IN SO LONG BC I JUST HAVNT FELT THE NEED TO WRITE AND IDK OKAY IM SO SORRY AND AGH

--------------

It's hot. Really hot.

The blankets stick to my skin and I feel like I'm baking in an oven. I open my eyes to pitch black. My skin is covered in sweat, helping the blankets stick. It's gross.

I reached out for my phone. I turned it on and the time read 3:42. Just great. I really should go back to bed. But michaels house set this creepy affect, and I didn't know if I would be able to even fall back asleep. Then the kitchen light caught my eye.

From my position on the floor, I could only see the door ajar and dim light leaking through. Weird.

I sat straight up and carefully climbed onto my feet. "Ouch." I whispered, as I stretched. The floor was so fucking hard.

I tiptoed over to the open door, peering inside.

A boy sat on the counter staring at his hands.

Luke.

I stepped towards him and his head shot up, eyes alarmed.

"Oh I-" I choked and started to turn back around.

"Sorry I didn't know you were there." He mumbled. I stopped in the kitchen doorway.

"I'll just go now..." I went off but I was interrupted by his voice again.

"Why would you come into the kitchen to leave."

Confused by his question, I turned back around to face him. The cool tile floor was cold, numbing the pads of my feet. The fridge shuddered in the corner, and the light flickering every so often. The room was filled with a musky scent.

"What?" I asked.

"Why would you try to sneak into the kitchen even know you knew you would be caught." He repeated himself slowly this time, his plump lips parting and he bit his lip ring.

It's uncomfortable being around him.

"I don't really know." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Why are you up?" He asked, scratching the back of his neck. His hair was turned up on all sides, messy, but somehow it fit him, and looked....nice.

"Again, I don't know. I just woke up and don't feel like sleeping. Luke, I saw the light on, so I came, but I didn't mean to intrude on anyth-"

"You wernt intruding." He said shakily.

"Oh." My mouth goes dry. Even though it really shouldn't had.

He takes a death breath in, and puffs out his cheeks, and closing his eyes. Then runs a hand through his tousled hair.

"Can I ask you something?" I suddenly say. Fuck. Why did I say that.

"Um. Sure?" He replied. Looking up to me.

"Are you like...okay?" I stared down at my feet and fumbled with my tshirt.

He laughed. "Sadie you really don't have any manners."

My stomach dropped. "You don't either." I mumbled.

It became silent.

Footsteps echoed along the tile and I felt a body getting closer tome. I instinctively back up. Against the fridge.

"Luke." I whispered.

He wasn't close. About a foot away. But I was scared. What if something happened? I didn't like Luke, who would? But he was pretty nice looking I had to say. He had the whole punk, teenager look down.