[ARC 1] ch.4 Magic Aptitude Test

Start from the beginning

One time, in the middle of the night I followed her as she went outside the mansion, I was anxious and fretful about milady's safety as she was going outside the mansion, but there was a voice within me that was saying just let milady Zariyah do want she want.

I didn't stop her; instead I continued to spy on her. In the back of the mansion, for the very first time, I saw her conjuring magic! Imagine she was just three that time but she was able to summon fireballs. Three fireballs to be exact!

That even continued until the present. She was indeed blessed by the gods to have such high intellect and strong. And young master, Arwin was blessed to have a strong innate magical power. Even though, both of the twins made a big impact and made their names known in the capital, their father didn't even care about his two exceptional and intelligent children. They were his flesh and blood, yet he treated them like they were disgusting trash.

Seeing the sadness in my mistress and my young master's eyes after their fifth birthday party was heart breaking. I never saw young mistress, Zariyah cried even once, but later that night in their birthday, she was crying desperately.

Young master Arwin, tried his best to cheer up his little sister and his phoenix helped too, and after that long conquest that night, they managed to make her sister laugh.

For the young little lord of Silverglaze, Zariyah and his mother's smile were like priceless treasures. And he will do his best to protect it. even if it means, fighting their father.

If milady Zariyah orders me to kill Lady Emerald and her daughter, Veronica, I won't hesitate to do it. My mistress happiness was my first priority, and if the second family of the Duke continued to make my mistress sad, I would gladly end their lives.

I was already starting my movement, a plan to separate the duke to his second family. I started sending death threats to lady Emerald, and everytime she read my threats, I saw fear in her eyes. When the second wife told the Duke. I saw fear in the Duke's eyes for his second wife and daughter.

After knowing the death threats, Duke Lucas Silverglaze instantly issued to his knights to be vigilant of the person who was sending death threats to his second wife and incarcerate that person, but all of those knights were useless.

I am a high leveled Assassin, and before I was hired by Duchess Lady Anastasia, I was feared as one of the most notable assassin, I was given the title 'Dead End'. I will do everything my mistress Zariyah orders me to do. Her orders are law to me and I will continue to be loyal to her.

**********

[Zariyah's POV]

My half sister, Veronica was turning five today, now we the first family of the Duke was invited to his 'precious' daughter. I and Arwin don't have the tiniest interest to make an appearance to that daughter of our ignorant and irresponsible father. I was opposing to the idea of making our appearance, but mother told us that even though we don't want to be their, our presence were important, as it was a sign of respect.

Because we didn't want mother to be embarrass in front of the nobles, that's why me and Arwin come up with the same conclusion and decided to go and attend Veronica's birthday.

Arwin didn't see Veronica as his sister, same for me. the only sibling I have is no other done Arwin. I don't even like the idea of that duke having another family. It's so disgusting. Men only take women for granted. As if their emotions and feelings were not important to them. can't the men realize that women don't want to share what belongs to them.

The thought of bubbles burst into nothingness when our names were called. And as we walked in the expensive red carpet, we held our chin high; we stride with grace, elegance and poise.