Chapter Forty One

Start from the beginning

"Please come with me." 

He was making this way too hard. Of course I just wanted to stay here and be with him. That's all I ever wanted to do. I was so over school. Being with Jason was probably better for me anyway. I wouldn't get mobbed by preppy, popular people.

He groaned, running his other hand over his face. "Why do you do this to me?"

I shrugged in answer.

Grumbling, he slowly rolled out of bed and landed on his feet. He went straight into the bathroom and I heard the water begin to run. I went over to his mirror and double-checked my hair. I was all ready to go. It was just him that was lagging me behind. After a few minutes, he emerged, his wet hair stuck onto his forehead. 

I sat there, legs folded underneath me, on his bed. He dropped his towel and I gasped, slapping my hands to my face with too much force. My face lit up with heat. Oh my goodness! I had just seen him naked!

"Jason!" I cried. 

"What?" he asked innocently.

"I just saw you naked!"

"You liked it." he taunted.

I'm not sure if it's possible, but my face was just turning more red and red by the second. I just wanted to run away and hide. My heart began increasing in pace. I felt like we'd just taken a step up in our relationship.

"I'm dressed now," he stated bluntly. 

I peeked through my fingers and was relieved to see he actually was dressed. I removed my hands from my face and chewed at my lip nervously. Did he want to see me? I almost turned bright red again at the thought.

He watched me in amusement. "You do realise that since you're my girlfriend, you're allowed to see me like that?"

"I-I know," I muttered. "It just took me by surprise."

"Well, what if we try again..."

"Please don't!"

He chuckled, shaking his head. "You're so innocent."

I scowled. "Yes, I know. Everyone seems to be telling me lately."

"Let's go downstairs," he suggested. "I'm hungry."

With his lower arm wrapped around my waist, we made our way down to the kitchen. Soon he'd eaten and packed. We were driving smoothly in his car, towards school. Nerves began to bubble up in my stomach the closer we got. I glanced down, my eyes running over my slightly bruised knuckles. As if he could tell, Jason reached over and gently took my wounded hand in his. I smiled over at him, grateful of his tenderness.

He parked and I slowly got out. I swept my eyes over the area, relief washing through me when I didn't see any of the 'It' crowd lingering nearby. After Jason had lazily slung his arm around my shoulder, we moved towards the school.

Instantly, we ran into Jason's group and they all cheered, coming over to greet him. I shrunk back and just watched, my back against the wall, my eyes darting around everywhere. I was more than glad when the bell rang. I scuttled into class and Jason collapsed in the chair beside me. He rested his forehead on the desk and sighed.

"I don't want to be back."

"I know," I murmured softly, rubbing my hand soothingly along his back. "I'm sorry I made you come. But I'm very grateful."

"No, it's alright. I'd rather know you're okay."

He lifted his head and gave me a brief smile which I found myself returning. Chase strolled passed and gave me an over-dramatic head nod. I rolled my eyes and just smiled back in greeting to him. Even if he did annoy me, I'd always try to remain polite with him.