20

"Do you want to go for a drive?" Yoongi asks, it's so out of the blue on the Saturday night, Jimin's mother out again and this time he isn't accompanied by his two best friends.

"Where?" Jimin asks curiously, his heart fluttering at the thought of where they could go. Maybe he's read one too many fan fictions and teen fiction, but he can't help but imagine that Yoongi will take him to a cliff that overlooks the skyline or a river and they would star gaze or share their deepest secrets. That Yoongi will say he never takes anyone up there with him.

"I don't know, sometimes I think about just driving around, seeing what we could do," Yoongi shrugs, offering Jimin a kind, gummy smile which makes the younger swoon.

Except Jimin can see it in Yoongi's eyes. He's been drinking tonight, that and he saw Yoongi leave for the second night in a row for a party and he suddenly gets a pang in his stomach. He knows what alcohol does to someone.

"you've been drinking, maybe we should stay inside instead, you can come in and watch Netflix," Jimin says, biting his lip.

"I didn't drink enough to not be able to drive, I'm sober," Yoongi says. Jimin inhales and exhales deeply. He's concerned with the amount of alcohol Yoongi has been drinking.

"I'm skeptical."

"I pinky promise," Yoongi says jokingly, holding out his pinky and Jimin hooks his pinky with Yoongi's. He can't resist the older, especially if he doesn't want to be pushed away anymore, he'll do anything to stay with him.

Jimin is only in his pyjamas but he doesn't mind as he grabs a hold of Yoongi's hand, letting the older whisk them towards what looks to be Seokjin's car.

Yoongi unlocks the car, twirling the keys around his index finger, whistling softly. Jimin opens the door to the passenger's seat, slipping inside and putting on his seatbelt.

Yoongi starts the engine of the car, reversing out of the parking lot and Jimin places his hand on top of Yoongi's  as the older moves the gear stick. As they start driving, his hand laces with Yoongi's between them and Jimin turns to watch out the window.

Jimin would let go of his hand every now and then to play around with the radio station until he found a song that he liked before he would intertwine their fingers together again.

He decides to speak up, the question that's eating him up inside to ask. "Why have you been ignoring my calls? You barely see me anymore and when you do it's when you're either drunk or on your way to a party to get drunk," Jimin says seriously, his voice cracking.

"I'm sorry, i don't know what's going on with me. I don't want you to think I'm an alcoholic or anything—"

"My father is one, Hyung. I don't want to see you end up like him, I don't want to be with someone like that," Jimin says softly, his voice cracking.

"Shit. Jimin I'm sorry."

Jimin only shakes his head, wiping his cheeks to make sure no stray tears would fall. "It's fine I just don't want you to go down the same path, it's not a good thing to get into... obviously," Jimin says, biting his bottom lip.

Yoongi pulls over to the side of the road, it wasn't a Main Street. Instead it's a road near trees, a more secluded part and Yoongi unbuckles his seatbelt, leaning over and tilting Jimin's head to look at him.

"I'm so sorry, baby, I really am. I had no idea," Yoongi coos softly, in hope that it will cheer him up. Jimin only leans into Yoongi's hand, his eyes falling shut and Yoongi leans forward, kissing Jimin's lips briefly.