02

Jimin glances at his phone when he gets a text message from taehyung, asking him if he can go window shopping again. He doesn't know why Taehyung is so interested in just roaming around looking at things he can't afford. But he doesn't pay any mind to it if it gives him a chance to get out of the house.

Jimin walks down the stairs and notices his mother at the dining room table, working on some paper work.

"Mom can I go hang out with Taehyung and Jungkook?" He asks hopefully.

"Is your homework finished?" She asks.

"It always is, it's the weekend," Jimin says bluntly, his arms crossing over his chest as she briefly glances up at her son. After a few moments of silence, Jimin begins to doubt the chance that she might let him go out. To his surprise he doesn't believe she allows him.

"Fine, be back by seven, no later"

Jimin nods while a quiet sigh escapes past his lips. He wishes that he could stay out later. He's sixteen for god's sake. Well... it's not like he goes anywhere most of the time. He's more of a stay at home, watching season two of stranger things on Netflix type of guy.

Jimin quickly runs upstairs to get ready, pulling out his phone and texting Taehyung a reply. He quickly throws on some clothes, trading in his pajama pants to jeans and he throws on a shirt. He pokes his head through the door way again, "can I have some money? In case I see something I like?" Jimin calls out towards his mother who resides downstairs.

"I want change back Jimin, don't go buying candy or anything else bad," she replies from downstairs and Jimin claps excitedly to himself. His mother must be in a great mood to be letting him do all this today. He's not complaining. When something is making her happy she actually allows him to do things.

Jimin nods and shouts back an 'okay' as he grabs his shoes and slips them on. When he comes practically tumbling down the stairs, thanking his mom for giving him money when she greets him at the bottom of the stairs. He kisses her cheek, before he leaving his house. He walks down his front steps as he notices a boy who is busy tending to the garden outside Yoongi and his friend's house. He's lived beside the group of friends for a couple years and Jimin can remember the boy's name when he brought over cookies, courtesy of his mother. Jung Hoseok, he remembers the boy, the one who opened the door for him and invited him in. He was around fourteen and that was the first time he saw Yoongi. Sleeping on the couch actually, so he never really got to interact with him in any kind of way.

Hoseok is planting some flowers while the other three lounge around the front yard and Jimin can't keep his eyes off Yoongi.

"Hey kid," he hears a voice call out. He immediately freezes in his spot when he realizes it came from Yoongi say. he stands up from his seat on the porch steps and walks over to him. Jimin swallows hard as he watches in complete and utter fear and nervousness.

Jimin's eyes widen as Yoongi stands directly in front of him. "u-uh hi" Jimin stutters.

"How's your leg?" He asks and Jimin realizes he's talking about what happened the day before "oh uh it's better, thank you," Jimin says, looking up at Yoongi.

"You live here?" Yoongi asks curiously. He tilts his head to the side and Jimin never thought he would ever see someone do something so simple yet do it so attractively. He is infatuated, head over heels for this boy who doesn't even know his name yet.

"all my life," Jimin smiles and Yoongi laughs.

"i thought I would at least know when someone who is as cute as you lives next door to me," he says. Jimin chokes slightly as he stares up at the older, cheeks turning bright red at the compliment that has just been thrown his way. Its as if fate just loves to make him seem like a complete fool and embarrass the hell out of him.