01

☕️

"He's cute isn't he?" Jimin whispers to his friend as he looks at the cute older boy that stands a few feet in front of them. Jimin's face is pressed into the glass of the music shop window that looks in. His eyes shine at the sight of the older boy who doesn't even know he exists.

"Yes, but he's too old, your mom would have your head," Taehyung mumbles as he tugs on jimin's shirt. He wants to go window shopping like his friend promised they would do. With nothing in their wallets except a couple quarters and possibly a moth hiding somewhere that will soon flutter out from their nonexistent income.

"Age is just a number," Jimin points out, his breath fogging up the window. He pulls back to quickly wipe it away with his sleeve. He turns to face taehyung who has his arms crossed over his chest.

"Yeah right, and jail is just a room," Taehyung rolls his eyes. He doesn't understand Jimin's crush on older people. Why not go for someone age appropriate? Alas, Jimin always complains about how he wants someone older, someone more mature. Taehyung doesn't mind that, he makes a valid point, but not when the boy is your neighbour who doesn't even know you exist, let alone knows your name. Though Jimin surely knows his name... min yoongi.

"Should I go say hi?" Jimin asks.

"God no Jimin, he's twenty, way too old for you."

"It's not that old."

"Please don't pull any kylie jenner and tyga stunt. It's just a crush."

"Bu- my mom and dad had an age gap," Jimin points out. The pout on his lips makes his best friend laugh at how serious the boy is taking it.

"Well, for one they were older."

Jimin groans, "I don't get how when you're like thirty it's okay when you date a fucking fifty year old sugar daddy or some shit, but when you're sixteen you can't even date a twenty year old," Jimin scoffs.

"Well jimin, three things. One, your mom. Two through three, still your mom."

"But i'm sixteen, its age of consent, doesn't that count as something."

"Is one stupid crush on an older boy worth the wrath of your mother? hm?"

"don't know, but look at him," Jimin whines.

"He's not even there anymore," Taehyung rolls his eyes and Jimin turns around looking for the twenty year old who is no where in sight now.

"God dammit, but I look old for my age, don't I?" Jimin asks, putting his hands on his hips and taehyung giggles.

"You look like a two year old, Jimin."

"That's not true!" Jimin defends, his eyes narrowing at the amused boy who he calls best friend. For uncertain reasons they became friends and Jimin ponders What he was ever thinking when he befriended the kid who ate glue.

"Just look at these cute cheeks, so babyish," Taehyung coos, his fingers latching onto his chubby cheeks as he pulls at them. Jimin bats taehyung's hands away from his face. He glances down at his shoes.

"I bet I can get Yoongi to like me," Jimin mumbles, the older boy being brought up once again. It's a habit of jimin to babble about his neighbour. The simplest thing he makes a fuss about. Talking for what feels like hours about how he saw him mowing the lawn, or sitting out on the porch. Everyday normal things that basically anyone can do.

"He'll see you as a child, I know it, as if he even acknowledges your existence," Taehyung says with a snarky reply and Jimin glares at him.

"you're such a prick, you know that?" Jimin sneers out as his friend throws an arm around his shoulders, pulling him to his side.