THREE / Beer, guys?

CHAPTER THREE / Beer, guys?

•••

They both eye me from head to toe. The shorter's hair was messy and the bags under his eyes told me exactly why.

"Who the hell are you?" Jeon Jungkook speaks with a tone that tells me he is dissatisfied at my appearance.

He crosses his arms as I clear my throat.

"Well surprise! I mean - uhhh - HEY! So I just um -," I began fidgeting and just started being awkward.

They look at each other and start laughing.

I came up with something, tho.

"Beer, guys?" I ask them and lean my arm against the door frame but from nervousness I ended up slipping and I just embarrassed myself again.

Now. Let's not forget. They have only seen me 1 time and right now I am assuming that they do not remember my face. Ok? Ok.

Park Jimin looks to my sides and then pops his head out the door. Yeah I definitely remember him.

Then he speaks, "Beer, where?"

I scratch the side of my face before I continue bullshitting.

"Well if you give me a ride to the store then we can have beer..."

As Jungkook was about to close the door on me, I place my foot in between and stop it.

"Look! This is very important. I can't walk to the store because I sprained my ankle and if I take another step I would start sweating. I can't sweat because I just got a surgery under my armpits to remove my sweat glands and I am still recovering from it. Plus, where I sprained my ankle you ask? Well long story, I actually was getting off the school bus after a LONG day at school and I tripped so I fell on the-"

"Please shut up before I shove a knife down your throat," in a very mean, or should I say, SCARY way the fluffy cheek guy, Jimin, spits at me.

I stop and clear my throat. My blabbering definitely worked.

"Come inside," Jungkook says and pulls me by the wrist.

Now I limp while I walk just to continue my act.

He closes the door behind himself, but I was too distracted by my surroundings so I didn't hear the words he said to me afterwards.

"Holy mother of crack cocaine! This room is bigger than my entire house!"

And...well.. I didn't have a house. Just a room I shared with my menz.

The younger boy stares me down with disgust on his face but then sneers under his breath.

"Crack cocaine? Hah."

The other boy, Jimin- which I know because I have heard too much about him before- opens the fridge right next to me. Hoseok told me they went to middle school together.

When I glance inside the fridge, it was a bunch of pills and alcohol.

I put my hands up in defense,"WOAH okay then."

I sense Park Jimin's death glare as he takes out a bottle of alcohol.

"It's like 8 in the morn-"

I get cut off from him once again, "Mind your business."

"So.... girlie," Jungkook catches my attention from the other side of the room. "Are you sure that you are here just to get a ride to the store? Because let me tell you, you have just put yourself in a very very dangerous situation."

No shit. I fucking know.

"Oh well," I act normal and take a step towards him.

I throw myself on the couch casually, pretending to feel calm just so he finds me cool.

I have met both of them before.

Luckily for me, I can tell they don't recognize me.

"I would love to make some-," I lean toward the coffee table in front of me and grab the cigarette and lighter that were laying on the glass. "Friends."

As I light up the cigarette.... I realize it is not a cigarette.

My lungs start praying for a way out once the scent of marijuana hits my throat.

"What the fuck!?" I exclaim.

I bend forward to cough it out and I hear Jungkook giggle in the back.

He sits next to me on the couch and takes the blunt out of my hand.

"No problem, cutie. We can definitely become good friends."

I stare at his face complexities as he looks behind and meets Park Jimin's eyes.

They both grin at each other in a way that tells me exactly what I needed to know.

They were both ready to get closer to the monster that's gonna eat'em alive.

+

a/n:

Question.

What does latter mean? I see it in a lot of fics but the dictionary doesn't explain it to me well enough to understand it. So like.... simplify please.