Saved

TW

Yesterday, your sister said tomorrow. Which now means today. 

Shit.

She said Demi would be arriving early evening. 

Great... 

She said to stay out of her way because Demi doesn't like you. 

I know. 

It was hardly a secret to you. You had gotten the message loud and clear. And it's kind of a long story that you don't like to get into. But then none of this would make sense.

So it's best to start at the beginning. 

Demi is your sister's best friend. Yeah - the Demi Lovato. And so living with your sister means that you are often in the company of the huge superstar whenever she comes round to hang out with Angie. Sounds amazing, doesn't it? You would think. It would probably be a lot more amazing if Demi didn't treat you like the lowlife she thinks you to be. But that's you getting ahead of yourself again. 

Basically, a few months back (almost a year maybe), Angie invited Demi round for a sleepover a couple of days after she got home from tour. Demi still liked you then. Or, at least, more than she does now. She still acted a bit awkward around you because you were so quiet, always tucked away in your room doing homework or something equally lame. But at least she was nice whenever she spoke to you. You can't really say the same now. 

Sometime around 10 pm that night, you heard the front door go and Angie calling for you to come downstairs. Even now, you can remember the feeling of your heart clenching as you caught sight of Jamie. Your 'boyfriend'. But even you hate calling him that. Because he doesn't act like a boyfriend...Unless a boyfriend is meant to push you around, and berate you, and tell you how worthless and stupid you are and that, of course, Demi hates you! Why on earth would you think that someone so famous would want to have anything to do with their friends boring little sister, huh? Why would you ever be so dumb as to think that, Y/n? Get a fucking grip!

That's why you hated it when you saw him at your front door and Angie and Demi sitting nearby. You felt embarrassed. And you didn't want him to humiliate you in front of them. So that's why, as soon as you reached the bottom of the stairs, you rushed to pull your trainers on and push him out the door again so that they wouldn't hear him. 

Oh, how you wish that worked...

"Hey, what's the rush, Y/n?" he sneers loudly as you press your hands up against his chest.

"Nothing. I just want to go for a walk...outside...I don't want to disturb Angie and Demi."

"Oh, I'm sure they don't mind if you at least tie your shoelaces properly," he laughs, looking towards the two girls curled up on the sofa. 

"Yeah, calm down, Y/n! What's the big deal?" Angie asks confusedly. 

Inwardly cursing, you widen your eyes at Jamie, trying to tell him to just wait a few more minutes before being a dick. 'Just until we're outside' you plead telepathically. 

Hurrying to unpick the knot in your laces, you don't even know why you bothered as you hear Jamie's voice sound above you like a death-knell. 

"Hey, did Y/n tell you guys about the school project she's working on?" he says. 

"Uh...no? Is that what you've been working on upstairs, Y/n?" Angie replies. But you don't even have the mental strength to look up and tell her no. There is no project. Whatever Jamie is about to say is false. But Angie doesn't know Jamie. Not really. And so why would she think he has any reason to lie? If you make a fuss, she'll probably just think it's you being that annoying younger sister that picks a fight over everything.