Gang pt.2

That night, you lie in bed, unable to sleep. I mean, how can you? All you can think about is Demi left in the basement. You still can't get your head around the fact that it's actually her. You remember you were one of her biggest fans when you were younger. That was a long time ago though. Since then, you had kind of...you would you say it...travelled down the wrong path. You no longer had time for girl crushes or fangirling. You don't even remember what that feels like - but you imagine the fizzing sensation electrifying your entire body you have felt since that afternoon is pretty much the same thing.

You don't dare move from the bed. Kyle is a light-sleeper and would immediately question where you were going. And you know he won't fall for the bathroom excuse or that you're just nipping down for a glass of water. You had tried that too many times when you first noticed Kyle up his game when it came to criminality. You remember the nights you would lie in wait to sneak out of the house and disappear into the night, washing your hands of the whole deal. But every time you managed to lift your body and tip-toe over to the bedroom door, Kyle would blink awake, asking you where you were off to - giving you a warning against whatever you might have been planning. 

That was when he was still paranoid about getting caught. Sure, he is still very careful now, but that has just come with experience. You know the saying: practice makes perfect. 

 You're not even sure if you got any sleep before you noticed the morning sun peak through the curtains. Sighing internally, you feel Kyle roll over in bed, draping his arm over you and pulling you a little closer to him. He is usually like this after he snaps at you. Like he's trying to make it up to you...or trying to stop you from breaking yourself and going and handing him over to the cops. 

"Morning," he mumbles.

"Hm," you hum back, beginning to feel the weight of tiredness you had longer for the last ten hours.

"Got any plans for today? I'm not accepting any amount today so you won't need to go on a delivery."

"'kay."

"Hey," he nudges you, "you alright, aren't ya?"

"Yeah. M'fine," you reply, not looking at him. 

Huffing at your lack of response, he rolls out of bed, walking through to the ensuite to shower. You swither about going down to the basement now, just to see that Demi is okay. But you don't want to risk passing Kyle's two henchmen that probably arrived early this morning. Or maybe they never left. Kyle never feels the need to tell you who is staying in the house you live in. 

Deciding to just head to the kitchen to make some tea or something to wake you up again, lo and behold, you are greeted by their two ugly mugs when you enter the sticky room that hasn't been cleaned in weeks. Giving them a short smile. you busy yourself with making breakfast, trying not to think about Demi downstairs. Suddenly, you all hear the pounding of Kyle's feet as he bounds down the stairs,

"Turn the T.V. on! Quick!" he yells excitedly.

Reaching for the remote, you switch it on, watching as the screen lights up to the news. 

"And this just breaking, we've had reports of pop-star, Demi Lovato being classed as missing since late last night. She was supposed to attend an annual award ceremony but failed to arrive. Her management team have released a statement, telling the public: 'We are all very concerned for her safety as this behaviour is completely out of the ordinary for her. We are grateful for any information the public may have'. Subsequent to the release of this statement, a reward sum of $100,000 has been offered for the persons responsible - in exchange for Miss Lovato's safe return."

You stopped listening to the man on the screen, distracted by Kyle's celebratory dance as he hops around the kitchen in just his boxers. 

"Bloody brilliant! What a result!"