"You like trees too huh?" he muttered and climed the tree which Levi didn't say anything against that.

"I heard you have your own near the HQ. And it's your secret rendezvous spot with Historia Reiss," Levine froze for a moment and stayed silent. He sat on the branch after a while but nodded.

"How did you know?" He asked, looking ahead to see a perfect view of the mountains.

"I saw you every night. You're not the only one with sleeping issues," Levine growled and Yami who sits infront of him shrugged.

"And that gives you permission to stalk me at night?" He sassily said and Levi rolled his eyes, "And wait! Aren't you at home during those times?"

"Every night for five months, you two were seeing each other. But lately you're not showing up. What's the matter?" Levi asked and Levine leaned back to the trunk.

"I don't want to talk about it," this is quite out of character for Levi. His stoic, scary, cold personality just goes away when it comes to his family.

"It's obvious that whatever is happening to you the past few days have something to do with that," Levi said an Levine looked away.

"Go for it, Levine. Tell Levi. I'm not really the right person for you to talk to right now. It's Levi's job at the moment," Yami said, pointing at the older Ackerman under the tree.

"tch, you would think it's weird if I tell you," Levine said and Levi huffed.

"Try me."

Levine jumped down the branch and lay down on the grass, putting his arm over his eyes.

"Well, I've been friendzoned," he said out of shame and Levi raised his eyebrow. He's been friend zone?

"You like someone but you never told me?"

"Like hell, I'll tell you! You probably wouldn't take it seriously anyway," Levine said, glaring at Levi who just stared at him, blankly, "I never told anyone because it's kinda weird."

"Falling in love isn't weird. Fall in love with a tree? That's weird," Levi said. Wow, since when Is Levi a love expert?

"Okay, now you know. Can we just--"

"Now whose the girl? Or tell me, are you gay?" Levine's eyes widened and glared intently at Levi.

"The f*ck I am gay!" He exclaimed and growled, "I knew it's a bad idea telling--"

"Just who is it?"

"And how many times do you have to cut me off?" In Levine's ears. They seem to sound like stupid school girls having a goddamn girl talk.

Levine sighed in frustration and looked away, his cheeks tinting red.

"It's the queen," he said and lay back down, "I'm in love with the goddamn Historia Reiss."

(Seriously, I almost wrote loli)

"That explains it," Levined turned to his brother, "There's this kid in their batch called Ymir."

Levine recognizes the name. He heard it from Historia once but he never asked about it.

"And Historia likes him?" Levine assumed, raising an eyebrow.

"Her. Ymir's a girl. Or more specifically, lesbian."

"The f*ck! I lost to a goddamn lesbian?!" Levine exclaimed and growled.

"Their batch speculated that the two of them are in a relationship because of their closeness and it turned out they were," Levi said and Levine thought of what a gossip his brother can be.

"Wait. Their batch. You mean Eren's batch in the Trainee Squad? How come I don't see her? Did she got killed?" Levi shook his head and looked at his brother with a stern look.

"Ymir's a shifter and she'd known that for most of her years. Vut she only revealed it after the mass suicide of the Braugstein Clan. Then two more from their batch revealed to be the Colossal and Armoured titan. Ymir left with those two and never came back."

Levine just stared at his brother after that explaination. That explains it. Historia's is in love with another person. That didn't help much with the feelings he's bearing. Actually, it only worsen knowing the one he fell inrlhll love with doesn't see him the same way.

"Well f*ck," he muttered and grunted, "Might as well give up huh?"

"Are you my brother?" Levi asked, glaring at him with a hint of doubt. Levine raised an eyebrow at him.

"What--"

"Ymir is now a threat to humanity and that small brat is the queen of it. How do you think she will feel after a year?" Levi asked and stood up, "If you give up so easily after hearing that. Then don't ever call yourself a goddamn Ackerman."

Levine looked down and turned to Yami who's beside Levi who nodded at him.

"He's just saying. If you give up so easily after knowing that you have a competition like that who came in first, then it's like you're a complete wimp and a loser," he said to him and Levine looked away, nodding.

"You're right. I can't just give up," he said in no one in particular, "But you'll help me with something, stupid Onii-chan."

"Why did I got myself into this?"

"Because you are my brother."