19. The Thug Prince, a Hero?

Levine stick with Historia all day as she talk with those three 'aristocratic' men of the underground. At least they're aristocrats in this dump. They talk about boring politics and economy and stuff which doesn't really catch Levine's slightest attention. He is even tempted to take a nap from Boredom, but Yami encouraged him to stay awake for the sake of his job.

"Tch, how can you handle talking about this boring stuff all day? Responsibilities aren't fit for the rebellious teen years," Levine muttered as he walk behind Historia into the hallways of the place they'll be staying in. Well, Historia will be staying here while he decided to settle in his beloved abandoned building. That's the only place he love in the wretched place.

"My life is complicated," Historia said which made Levine growl a little.

"Yeah, and I grew up in a beautiful mansion," he said with a monotonic voice. Historia took a side glance at him before stopping on the room that the vegetable business man showed her earlier.

"Sorry..."

"Tch, save it cause I don't need it," he jumped out of the window in the halls which surprised Historia so she ran to it to see him perfectly fine on the bottom of the three-story building. Levine noticed her and clicked his tongue.

"Are you alright?" She asked worryingly.

"Relax. I'm like a cat."

"...nine lives?"

"Tch, I land on my feet, idiot," after that, Levine left to his own building which he left with clean floors and walls, now returned with smashed walls and muddy floors. This angers him, but finding whoever did this will just blow his cover so he wiggled and twitched his fingers to get himself calm, with the help of the silence and darkness of the surrounding.

"Just pray that whoever's the d*#k who did this will be tortured to death and go straight to hell," Yami said, glaring at the mud on the floor. Yeah, he might be like a decent, level-minded Levine, but he also share the same rage with him when it comes to the things that really really really anger Levine.

"Oh that son of a w℅#&$ and b!+*& will really pay a very high price for this and Karma will come to collect their debt," Levine muttered his curse and walked towards a certain part of the floors and squatted down. That area looks like a normal floorboard, but actually, it's a trapdoor that where he keeps his cleaning supplies and other stuff.

"So, what if a group of thugs come again while you're here?" Yami asked as Levine went to the improvised well he made a few years back and scoop up a good amount of water with his bucket.

"I'll just keep anything that distinguishes me as a soldier into my secret trapdoor and just be the normal Lone Wolf every underlyers know. You, of all people should've known that," he said with a glare and stated cleaning.

"Just to be clear, I asked."

They spent a good thirty minutes cleaning and soon afterwards, Levine is very satisfied with the result.

"I've got to admit, this isn't a bad place at all. Just put a nice comfy bed there and a little dining hall and kitchen right of there and done! You have a cozy home like Levi has," Yami said which tick Levine off.

"His house isn't the cozy in any aspects!" Levine growled. Maybe it's just that Levi enjoys seeing him struggle on the ground whenever Hazel invites him to stay there. The usual brotherly teasing.

"Hm-mmm. Anyway. Time to slee--"

"I don't sleep until 3 in the morning," Levine plainly said and jumped up to his favorite spot in the building. The exposed second floor with a pole to lean in.