5. A One of a Kind Expedition

It's now Levine's first month in the Survey Corps and a few weeks earlier, an expedition is announced to be held. The teenage ravenette don't know what to feel, but he knows he'll experience another first time in his life. First time to see a titan.

The troop is readying for their departure and Levine's at the stable with Eren and Armin. Among their group, Levine usually hangs around these two for an unknown reason. Maybe because these two are brave enough to approach him in his first day. And not to mention, Armin asked him about his past life.

Levine brushed his horse's mane, making sure there is no tangled strands. His chosen horse is a white stallion with black patches around its eyes, making it look like it has a mask and has beautiful white locks that Levine makes sure are tidy and clean. He also took the honor in naming him Zorro. He don't know. The name just popped into his head.

"Aren't you nervous, Levine?" Armin asked, but Levine did not stopped in tidying Zorro up.

"Why would I be nervous?" He asked indifferent about the topic. Armin looked at him with knotted eyebrows and sighed. Levine is the type that you can't predict easily and he really surprises people sometimes.

"Well, you're about to face beasts that eats human," Eren said, eyeing the ravenette. Levine rolled his eyes as he untangle some strands of Zorro's mane.

"Tch, they're mindless idiots. They're just like those idiotic thugs I beat up," Armin and Eren sweat dropped at his blunt remark. And Levine is pretty blunt so maybe he's not the best human diary ever.

"Do you have to think of everything as a thug?" Armin asked and Levine finished his work and Zorro neighed. Levine patted the stallion's head and rubbed it.

"Sometimes, I think of people as imaginary creatures," he, again, stated bluntly.

"O~kay," Eren said and just decided to just keep quiet. They worked silently until they are ready to go. The three of them rode their horses towards their squad and Eren rode right behind Levi. That is suppose to be Hazel's spot, but she's sitting out this one expedition because of her state. Levine positioned himself behind Armin and took a peek at Levi.

In his one month of staying with these guys, he practically memorized their mannerism and personalities and he has to admit. He and Levi shares a lot of similarities, way too many. Just that fact made him question his connection with him even more. He has a lot more similarities with Levi than Mikasa so he is more unto him.

After a few minute, their parade started and the crowd cheers for them and the usual cheering for the great Captain Levi commenced.

'He's pretty famous here, huh?' Levine thought and lowered his head. He took a side glance to the crowd and came eye-to-eye with one of the townspeople. He suddenly looked away and just continued to go forward silently.

After the parade, they waited for the gates to open and Erwin's signal before letting their horses gallop out of the safety of the walls. Levine look up to view the 50-meter tall wall and he must say, it is really, really huge.

He then returned his attention to the gates and it opened just right for them to go out. Erwin gave them signal and they galloped out of the walls. Levine stayed with the squad and looked around the terrain. It's wide open and if there is a titan, they'll be seen in a mile away. And there is one right there.

"Too bad, Hazel-san's not here with her fancy tricks," he heard Eren said and Levine looked a the titan. Its belly is huge and it's running like a gay jumping from shop to shop. It looks plainly disgusting.