7.Experiment

7. Experiment

Levine woke up in a jolt feeling sick and nausea. He covers his mouth with both of his hands to stop himself from vomiting all over himself as the image of his younger self falling down after dying came into his mind. The twisting feeling inside his stomach slowly die down as he tried calming himself down and once it's all gone, he took deep breath.

"That's some weird dream, isn't it?" The person appeared once again, beside him, clutching his own head. Giving him a nod, Levine closed his eyes hoping this is reality and he is still alive.

"It's messed up. It feels like it's not my dream anyway. More like someone else's," Levine said and the person looked at him from the corner of his eyes, knowing well what he is thinking.

"Looks like the sandman gave the dream to the wrong person," he said and Levine clicked his tongue in annoyance.

"More like Pitch Black gave me a nightmare not meant for me," Levine corrected as he stood up from his bed and stares at the person at his bed, who have his eyes close, "Never mind that. Why are you in my room again?"

"Do you mind? I'm sleeping here," the person said in a rude tone, annoying Levine as he glared at the person.

"Well, that's my bed and get out of my room!" Levine demanded as the person opened his eyes to glare at him.

"Nope. Don't want to," he disobeys and Levine tried punching him, but stopped in mid-air, remebring one annoying fact. Neither of them can touch each other or their hands would just pass through their body. Levine dropped his hands to his side and released a deep annoyed breath.

"Anyway, what should I call you?" Levine asked with his arms crossed. The person raised an eyebrow at him with bemusement, "I mean, you've been hanging around me so much, but I never know a name to call you."

"Hm, good point, how about Levine?" Levine glared at him and scowled, "Just messin' with you. How about Yami?"

"Yami?" Levine asked in confusion and the person nodded, crossing his legs across the bed.

"Yami's meaning is related to darkness. And since I am like your shadow, just call me Yami," he explained and Levine clicked his tongue at his cockiness.

"Fine. Well, Yami. What do you think of the titans?" Levine asked out of the blue and Yami eyed him for a while as if asking if he's from another planet with that ignorant question.

"They're filthy b*tches," Yami bluntly said so Levine glared at him, finding his answer very unlikely and it's not actually the right one for his question, "You've seem them yourself. You were disgusted of them. Why are you asking me that?"

Yami again stared at him as Levine returned a glare with a skeptical look. Yeah, Yami does give him advice, which he don't normally take seriously, but with this simple question, he just can't get the right answer out of this guy.

"Tch, I mean, those titans from the other day. They just all pass by us like we are just some animal that they never took interest in," Levine said and Yami huffed as he run his hand around his hair.

"If you ask me, I honestly say that it has something to do with you," he answered, making Levine click his tongue in disapprovement. Well, at least he think he disapprove. He just can't believe the fact that the phenomenon like that happened in his first expedition, where he have the closest contact to the titans than the other soldier.

He was in the edge, a titan saw him before ignoring the rest and he killed that titan when the others ran away.

"That can't be true," he denied as Yami shrugged before disappearing when Levine blinked his eyes.