2.Outside

2. Outside

Levine sat inside the carriage where Erwin and Hange let him stay until they arrive in their destination which is the Survey Corps Headquarters. They left in dawn and Levine never saw the outside after their departure since there is something blocking his view.

It's not that he's impatient to see it, it just annoys him that those two didn't let him come outside this filthy carriage. He made a mental note to clean it later.

He wore a hood over his head, hiding half of his face. He suddenly wondered what the outside world is look like. Is there really this boundless blue sfuff above people's head called sky? Just how blue is it? Is there really this bright yellow ball that is the source of all light? Can it be reach or not? Are the plants really green? or maybe only the vegetables are green?

Questions came in thought as time pass by and he is worried that it might drive him crazy. He is curious like an ignorant child asking its parents the same questions. Well too bad for him, he doesn't have parents or family to be exact. He lived alone all his life.

His train of thoughts stopped when the carriage is put into a halt. He jolted up and looked over to the entrance of the carriage. He heard footsteps coming and waited for someone to come into view, thankfully someone did. Hange.

"Come on, little shorty! Time to come out!" Levine clicked his tongue and jumped out of the carriage, glaring at Hange under his hood. Oh how he hates it when she calls him that stupid nickname. It's both redundancy and an insult.

"Stop calling me that, four-eyes," he said only making Hange laugh. His blood boiled and just decided to approach Erwin instead. At least he's a lot more quieter and decent.

"Hey, are we at the HQ already?" He asked, rudely surprising the other soldiers who are with them. This kid has some guts, talking rudely at the head of the Brigade.

"Yes, here we are," Erwin answered, not bothered by Levine's rudeness. Levine looked at the building in front of him and stared at it blankly. Wow. What can he say? It looks huge... and clean. Who is in charge of the cleaning? Maybe he'll get along with him or her.

"Let's go," Erwin said and walked towards the building. Levine followed him and they pass through some cadets talking, cleaning or training. Erwin leads Levine into the building until they arrived in a room.

"Levi, we got a newcomer," Erwin said, closing the door. Levine looked up a little and saw the desk with a person standing in front of it with arms crossed. Erwin walked towards the desk as Levine stayed by the door.

"Tch, another brat? Now where did you pick him up?" A cold voice asked Erwin as Levine kept his hood down and stayed quiet.

"Same place where you came from," that statement surprised both party, making Levine lift his head a little and saw the other person's mouth, but his hood still covers the rest of his face.

"The Underground," the cold voice said and looked over to Levine. So this guy in front of him is also from the Underground. Did he joined the corps with the same reason as him?

"Yes. He is known as the Lone Wolf in the Underground and he survives alone down there," Erwin said and turned to Levine, "Go on. Show your face to Levi."

Levine did not hesitate and pulled his hood back, revealing his face for the unknown person in front of him. He looked straight and he finally saw the other person's face clearly and his eyes slightly turned wide.

The person have gray eyes and raven hair. His bangs are also split into two but in a more even amount. He glares at Levine and Levine glares back. Well, the both do wear the same  glare as always.