23. Parted

23. Parted

"Welcome to the front line, Levine!" Hange cheered as Levine joined her in the front line as the Captain of the Special Ops. The expedition is in a few minutes and the parade is currently on going.

"Hoping not to die, at least," he said and Hange smirked, mischeviously. Levine took a side glance and rolled his eyes, "No, Hange."

"Come on! What's up with you brothers that I don't have anything say yet and you already decline?" She complained and pouted.

"Because for sure, it's not worth ny time," he coldly said and look over the crowd. He's in a bad mood today because, well...Historia didn't showed up last night and it really ruined his day for some reason.

"Levine, Levine, Levine. You finally admitted to yourself that you have special feelings for the girl," Yami said, not helping at all. He at least wanted to see her before going out the wall which probably be the last time, not that he genuinely thinks it is. It's just...he just wanted to see her to settle his feelings and especially his mood.

"I want to kill as many titans as I can today," he said, grimly l, radiating a menacing aura that spooked out Hange.

"Woah! Woah! Newbie, no need to get all worked up because I wanted you to bring me a live titan in the end of the expedition!" Hange said, finally stating her unspoken favor that the latter plainly declined. Now that only makes him want to slice Hange's head off.

Meanwhile, Historia was in the crowd, disguised as a commoner with a hood up. She failed to show up last night because of some stuff in the castle and she felt somewhat guilty for Levine. So this time, knowing it's the day of the expedition, she really wanted to send Levine off with a smile and goodluck. She just hopes he sees her.

"There's so many people!" She muttered and slouched. A band of people towers over her making her frown a bit and looked around hoping to fund a way. And finally! She found a barrel, enough for her to step on and see the parade.

She immediately went to climb the barrel and successfully have a view of the parade. She smiled when she saw Levine in the front, coming towards her direction. But there was something wrong about him today. He somehow looks...grumpy and annoyed than usual.

Seeing him like that makes her guilt only worsen, but she was not sure if her actions are the cause of his sudden grumpiness. Maybe Jean and Eren did something to annoy him or maybe Sasha stole his foods again? The first one is the most likely to happen since Sasha is dcared out of her wits to even steal something from his possession. That didn't helped her at the least, so she did what she thinks she have to do.

"LEVINE!" she screamed to the top of her lungs which earned the ravenette's attention. He turned to her direction with eyes slightly wide and Historia gave him a smile. She was happy that he was able to see her. He stared at her as they advance on, his eyes never leaving her for once and so as hers. This little actions sent butterflies into Historia's stomach and she likes it. But of course, it has to be short-lived.

Levine was the first one to look away when they finally pass her, but she was glad to at least make an appearance before they leave.

"Goodluck out there, Levine."

For the meantime, in the Ackerman house, Hazel is in bed, honding Louis in her arms as the little baby boy is wrapped around a white cloth, his eyes close, but black hair is seen growing from his scalp.

She was still adjusting to the fact that she is now a mother and a child, her child, is in her arms right now. Just a year ago, she and Levi are arguing over the littlest things and she was as cold as ice, not caring for anyone but herself and now, here she is. A mother.

"They're off to the feild," Levi said, arriving in the house and walking over to her and Louis.

"They better come back alive," Hazel said, sarcasm and Levi clicked his tongue and turned to look at his son's face.

The day Louis was born, he was dumbfounded when the realization that he is now a father hit him. Whenever he hears the word father, there are two people that comes in mind. One is Kenny, the person who raised him and his brother separately for an unknown reason and the other is Hazel's father. He met him a few times in the past and he was a loving father to Hazel. He is wonderi g if which one he can be like.

"Hey, wanna hold him?" Hazel asked and gestured towards Louis and Levi nodded, taking the infant into his arms. Louis moved a little and made some baby sounds before his father carry hin up to his chest. He made a sound and nuzzled closer to him that made Levi smile internally.

"You really do look like each other," Hazel pointed out and leaned towards Levi and took a peek at her son's face, carressing it, softly, "Can't wait to his eyes."

"I still can't believe it. The last person I held like this is Levine and he was separated from me."

"Tch, since when did you became this dramatic?" Hazel rolled her eyes and flicked his eyesbrows. She stood up and blushed, looking away, "There will be nothing in this world that can separate us from Louis."

This is kind of embarrassing for her to say as she blush and Levi smirked seeing how adorable she can be at times.

"A-And don't worry about that t-troublesome brat. He's just like you in many ways. He'll survive," she added and Louis giggled.

---

Meanwhile, back to Levine's present. Everything is going smooth. Way too smooth and Levine is having this gut feeling that something is wrong.

"Hey, Armin. Correct the sh*t out of me if I'm wrong, but as I recall, Levi told me that titans can be found around these plains," Levine said and the blond genius nodded. He also noticed the odd occasion and he was about to bring it up, but the ex-thug already beat him to it.

"Yes. It's possible that the titans might have sensed you coming, that's why they're avoiding these area," Armin stated and Levine rebutted in an instance.

"But there is something else about these area. And Eren?" The said teen reacted, confirming the tempo-captain's thought.

"Something familiar is here. But I can't really point out what is it?" Eren said and Levine nodded while he wiggles his tense finger.

"Get ready. We might be battling something unexpected."

---

I am having a serious case of Writer's block so everything you just read in this chapter is random and I just wrote what first came into my mind.

But I hope ya'll like it!

~RSE out