6.Mothers

6. Mothers

A week has passed since the phenomenal expedition and the topic about the aberrants is still the hot topic of the brigade. Not just the Survey Corps, but also the Garrison and Military Police heard about it. It made them curious of what caused that miracle to happened? But is it even a miracle?

The soldier that Levine saved that day told his peers about what he experienced that day and rumors about Levine started spreading. Rumors that Levine has something to do with the aberrants. Hange just made that rumor seem realistic.

"Could it be that the titans are afraid of Levine?!" She keeps on muttering to herself as he pace around her office. Whenever she do experiments with Eren and just...everytime she wonder off with her thoughts and it annoys the hell out of Levine.

"You know, the Squad Leader is really pushing her theory," Connie said as they eat dinner in the mess hall and Levine clicked his tongue in annoyance.

"And it's really getting into my nerves," he said and Hazel suddenly slammed her hands on the table as she glared at Hange.

"No, Hange! I am not letting you do experiments on me!" She yelled at the latter with a very angry tone. That also got the other's attention, even Levine's.

"I-I am not going to do anything. I promise. I just want to see if--" Hazel glared intenser and points her finger at the brunette megane.

"Look, Hange. I may be a shifter, but I am still human. I live like one, I talk like one, I think like one and you know that experimenting on a human while carrying a child in her is just not right! So shut the f*ck up and leave me and my child alone!" She said and growled before stomping off the mess hall. Hange was taken aback and also feel guilty about what she asked of the blonde

The teenage cadets were also surprised by the sudden commotion and Eren sighed.

"I knew I should have told her off," he said and their attention turned to the brunette.

"What do you mean, Eren?" Mikasa asked and Eren played with his spoon.

"She's really curious of what will happened if Hazel-san transform while pregnant, but I didn't know that she'll actually ask Hazel-san to do it," Eren said and Armin's eyes widened and Levine bit on his bread.

"But wouldn't that affect Hazel-san? Something might get wrong and she might loss her child," Armin said and Jean clicked his tongue.

"Who knew that Hazel is actually concern about her child," Mikasa glared at him which scared and shock the latter.

"Any mother would hate to see her child die," she said and Levine looked at Mikasa. He honestly thought that all she cares about is Eren and Armin and hearing that from her amuses him. Don't judge the book by its cover, they say.

"What made you think that, huh?" Levine asked and they turned to him. He just look at Mikasa and the latter stared back, "There are mothers out there who just leave their child thrive in the streets and later on the child dies. What do you have to say about them?"

His question surprised the group and they went wide eyes. This topic just went overboard.

"Hey! Stop with this conversation! It's really freaking me out!" Sasha said, clutching her bread. Mikasa glared at Levine and shove a bread into his mouth, shocking him.

"Those kind of women are not fit to be called mother. If I ever met one, I'll make sure to knock some sense into them," Mikasa said and Levine glared at her, slapping her hand away from the bread. He took the bread to his hand and growled.

"Easy for you to say since you are not the one whose been abandoned!" He said with a pissed out tone before leaving the mess hall. Everyone on the table just watch him walk away and tried understanding what he said.