8. Solving Set-Aside Mysteries

Survey Corps had a day off and there are some who decided to be with their families while some decided to have the day for themselves. And Levine did neither of the two.

"And what am I suppose to do again?" Levine asked the other younger cadets near his age, with his thin eyebrow raised. Eren and Armin dragged him out of his quarters to bring him to town and enjoy the day with them.

"Hang out with us," Eren said with a grin and Armin nodded in agreement.

"I'm--"

"Hey, you might be four years older, but you have less experience with people," Connie said crossing his arms across his chest and Sasha smiled.

"Being a loner is not healthy!" She said, crossing her arms to form a cross. Levine was about to say something when Yami suddenly appeared behind Mikasa and crossed his arms under his chest. Yami shook his head, as if telling Levine to not say what he is about to say, which is supposed to be that he is not a loner because Yami is with him.

"Tch, fine. Brats," Levine said and averted his gaze to the other direction. What he said just made the younger cadets think of another reason to list on "Why he is so much like Levi" list.

"So, let's go?" Armin asked and Eren, Connie and Sasha nodded and lead the group of seven to town for their day out. They used their horses to go to the nearest town and on their way there, other soldiers on day off are also on their tracks.

'I could've clean my room than do this,' Levine said to himself and rolled his eyes as the other six ride with him in the middle of the group. He took noticed of Jean whose the only quiet one in the group, aside from Mikasa who is mostly quiet.

"Oi, Jean," Levine said as the other teen widened his eyes and stared at Levine who called him with his first and given name for the first time. Normally, he'll just call them with insulting nicknames he could come up with or just with their surnames. Usually, only Eren and Armin have the previledge on being called in their first name by the latter.

"Y-Yeah?" Jean hated that. He hated that he stuttered that time. He don't know why, but after hearing the report about Levine's extraordinary ability, he started to have an awkward atmosphere around him.

"You're not going to complain about this?" Levine asked and Jean shrugged.

"I have no choice, but to tag along. The town we are going is where my mother lives," Jean said and Levine suddenly made a conclusion that Jean is a mama's boy.

"Tch, what a drag," Levine said and soon, they arrived in their destination. There are merchants selling their products in the streets and other businesses in the area which can tempt you to buy to them.

Their group left their horses in a stable and started walking around town. Of course, their first stop are the food stores, and the reason is obviously Sasha.

While Connie and Armin tried controlling Sasha to the foods intake, Levine stayed behind the group, feeling bored but not annoyed as he expected. How odd, he thought.

"Wow, how I wish I can taste those stuff," Yami said, appearing next to Levine while eyeing the pastries in one shop. Sasha also made a stop there and tried the chocolate flavored cakes only to be pried off by Connie and Armin.

Levine clicked his tongue and walked forward, together with the group. Eren noticed him falling behind so he waited to him and put his arm around his shoulder, dragging him with him.

"At least, try enjoying the day, Levine," Eren said to him, but all did Levine do is to click his tongue.

"How can--" before he could finish his sentence, someone bumped him by the shoulder. Eren releases Levine as the person who bumped unto Levine drop on the floor with a yelp.