15. Damned is my Middle Name

A week. It's only been a week since his debut as an Ackerman in the Survey Corps and Levine is hating it. Like everyone has their eyes on him and the comparing between him and Levi only worsen.

"Are brothers always compared with each other?" Levine thought out loud, clicking his tongue in annoyance. Connie heard it and hummed.

"If you have many similarities, yes. Yes, they are," he answered only annoying the ravenette even more. That's not just the only thing that annoys the 19-year-old cadet, it's also that Hange is reply passionate about experimenting on his new-found powers and also draining Eren's energy. Eren on the other hand, hates the feeling of fear towards Levine whenever he is in titan form.

"Why can't Armin try it? He is also a shifter, isn't he?" Eren whined, dropping his body next to Levine, "Aren't you tired?"

"I...touch your titan skin and vaporize you, oh yeah. I'm so tired," Levine said with sarcasm only making Eren feel even more frustrated.

"That's it for today everyone!" Hange said to her crew with a smile before skipping out of the tent, "I'm going to check on Hazel~!"

And speaking of Hazel. Ever since the news broke out, Hazel started treating Levine a little different, like as if he's also a brother to her. He thought, maybe because he is technically her brother-in-law. He just can't rid off the feeling of awkwardness towards Hazel.

"Hey, Eren," Levine called as the two of them walk back to the HQ, "Did Hazel...had a sibling or something?"

When he asked that, Eden's expression changed in a form of a chain. It turned surprised then sad and then enraged and sad again making Levine more curious about the answer on his question.

"Yes, she had. She had a brother named, Titus," Eren started, "He was also a Survey Corps cadet and graduated with the rest of us. He should be 16 for the next month, but..."

Eren's pause makes Levine anxious. He noticed the words was, had and should've. It's all in the past tense.

"But...?"

"But he was killed eight months ago in one of our missions to save Humanity. Hazel-san did not took it well and had a PTSD for a month," Eren finished. This fact surprised Levine. A brother murdered...could it be the reason why Hazel treats him like a brother, "Why are you asking anyway?"

"Nothing," he simply said and just entered the HQ, heading to the mess hall, followed by Eren. Once they arrived, they were surprised when they saw the little blonde queen in the said room together with their whole squad.

"Hey, Kristra? What are you doing here?" Eren asked, running towards them as Historia turd to him and smiled.

"I thought I could visit you guys. Plus, I wanted to take a look on Hazel-san. It's nearly her fifth month and I didn't get to see her for almost six months after all," Historia said. Levine rolled his eyes and decided to retreat to his room when the young queen suddenly called.

"L-Levine-san!"

"Tch, what is it this time?" He asked with obvious annoyance. He is really irritated with her because of her title and that innocent look in her face. With those two together, his annoyance only overflows.

"Is it true that you are Captain Levi's brother?" She asked only getting a glare from the latter.

"So? What if I am? Who cares?" Levine said, waving his hand dismissively before leaving.

"You, but you're just a little shy to admit it," Yami teased which made Levine's eyes twitch.

"Shut up."

"Are you crazy or something? I am not saying anything yet," Levine's eyes widened and turned to his side, surprised to see Hazel, standing there with her hand on top of her growing belly. She looks a little haggard, but still has a way to make herself look good. He don't even know if she is oblivious or aware of her way with dressing.

"Tch, it's nothing. Just forget what I just said," he said with a little blush. That was embarrassing. He thought that he was alone in the corridor until Hazel suddenly talk. Is that the effect of her being fun size?

"You really don't like the queen, do you?" The blonde asked glancing towards the entrance of the mess hall.

"You're right. However, I don't like a lot of people," he admitted when suddenly, Historia ran out of the mess hall and approached them.

"Hazel-san! Congratulations on your pregnancy! In wish you a safe labor and a healthy child," Historia said to Hazel when she saw her and Hazel nodded.

"Sure, thanks," that's all Hazel said before walking towards the mess hall, probably for some snacks for her cravings. Then Historia turned to Levine.

"Levine-san. The underground is going well, thanks to your suggestion. You  seem very famous there," Levine's eyes glared intently at Historia's smiling face.

"Oi...by any chance...did you announced my name to the people of the underground?" He asked and Historia and the girl nodded with a smile. But Levine's fingers started wiggling and he clicked his tongue.

"You....You idiot! You don't know what you have done!" Levine screamed, surpring and scaring Historia. His scream also attracted the attention of his colleagues. They came running to the corridor and saw that Levine is glaring intently at Historia who looks at him with scared eyes.

"What happened?!"

"I finally escaped that hellhole without my enemies knowing! I thought I could finally escape the life being a target of those power-thirsty thugs! But now! Because you announced that shit! They might find me again! Use your head sometimes--"

"I-I'm s--"

"Tch, I don't need your apology," Levine said and left her there. For almost five months he's been here, this is the only real time he showed this much anger... And towards Historia, nonetheless.

---

[Edited]