9. A Wolf far from the Pack

Trying to ease down his nerves, Levine walked to the farthest and darkest alley in town. Being isolated calms him down together with darkness and silence. It's a weird way to calm down, but growing alone in the Underground really makes you like this.

"Is it really possible?" Levine muttered in disbelief. Not just that Kenny is dead, but also because of the fact that Levi knows him and the possibility that maybe... "Can I be... by any chance.... be Levi's brother?"

Standing alone in the alley, not even Yami bothered to visit, Levine's head is bursting with questions about his identity and the mystery of his past. Tons of questions sunk into his thoughts, confusing him even more, but one question is being repeated, several times.

'Who am I?'

----

Levine woke up due to the high pitched scream he heard. He suddenly jolted from his short slumber and heard hoarse laughter from the distance. He instinctively ran to the brighter part of his alley and there he saw three men harassing a woman and a young boy.

One man with a blade holds the boy in his hands by his collar as the child struggled. The woman who is fairly young and has an attracting appearance is kneeling on the ground, crying and begging for her son to be freed.

"Heh! Too bad you're not a virgin anymore! You could be in a higher price if we sell you," another man said and tugged the woman's hair, painfully. The boy's eyes are starting to form tears and tried kicking the man.

"Don't hurt Okaa-san! I'm gonna beat you up if you do!" The boy bravely said, but he only earned laughter from the three men.

"This boy has spirits. We could sell him to that pedophile b*tch in the neighboring village. I'm sure she'll give us a huge amount of money for this kid," the third man said and the woman's eyes widened and screamed.

"No! Please! Spare my so--uugh!" the second man tugged her hair even tighter, lifting her by it and breathe in her scent. He started making perverted comments about her, scaring the woman and child even more. Although, the boy kept the brave face on.

As Levine stood and watch, he saw the torture the two victims are experiencing, but neither of them would sacrifice the other to save themselves and for Levine who only lived and think of himself for all his life, this seems weird.

However, Levine knows this is not right so as a witness, he decided to take action.

"Oi, you filthy pigs," Levine called, catching the group's attention. He glared and showed his emotionless face that sent chills into the three men's spine, "Stop what you are doing this instance."

"Hmph! And who are you to order us to do that, huh kid?" The man who is holding the boy said with a grin on his face. That smug look reminded Levine of the numerous thug he fought for the past years and he was disgusted.

"None of your business and f*ck you, I'm not a kid anymore! I'm 19!" Just as he said that, he charged to the man who is holding the boy and sweep off his legs, making him loss his balance. He caught the boy right after.

"Are you alright?" He asked in an emotionless voice and the boy nodded. He put him down in a safe distance and face the three men again, "Drop the woman or you'll get it."

"Pssh! Like we're gonna be--" before he could even finish his sentence, Levine already had his throat in his hands and slammed him into the wall, making a huge crack.

"Tch, do not try to anger me, bastard," he hissed and tightened his grip as the man squirmed. His hitched breathing indicates the he needs air and in a few moments he might die.