11. Questions Answered

111. Questions answered

Curiosity kills the cat and Levine knows it, but no one says you have to ignore it and Levine might regret this decision later.

He walked over to Erwin's office and knocked for three times before getting permission from Erwin to enter. He turned the knob and pushed the door open and entered the room, closing it behind him. He saluted in front of Erwin once he laid his eyes on him and his appearance surprised the latter.

His right arm is gone. He haven't noticed it before until now and it filled Levine with bewilderment, but he tried composing himself in front of the commander.

"What is it that you have business with me, Levine?" Erwin asked as he stood up and wear his jacket. That's right, Levine never noticed because of his jacket and and it's his first time seeing Erwin without it.

He lowered his fist and ignored Erwin's disability and speak out his needs and wants.

"I need to know Levi's backgrounds. Before he got into the Survey Corps and while he was underground. I know you have data about that, don't you?" Levine asked and the Commander eyed him in peculiarity.

"How odd. Levi asked the same thing about you," Erwin said which made Levine's eyes wide, "But do not worry. I did not gave him your informations. On the other hand, I will give you his."

Erwin pointed to the parchments on his table and Levine slowly walked towards it and inspect it, seeing Levi's name on top.

Levi Ackerman...

"Why did you give it to me when you did not gave mine to him?" Levine asked and Erwin smiled at him in a sinister way, which gave Levine a feeling something is going to happened and he is about to find out.

Erwin did not answer the lad as Levine skim the biography of Levi where informations he know and don't know is written on it. And one thing surprised him. He was the one who killed Kenny and Kenny's real name is Kenny Ackerman.

This surprised Levine, but he kept on skimming the text and came up with some details that support his curiosity and answer his questions. After skimming it, he took a deep breath and put it down on the desk.

"So that is how it is," Levine muttered and Erwin faced him.

"Now you know," he said as Levine clicked his tongue and glared at him. He put out his blade, pointing it towards Erwin.

"You planned this, didn't you, demon? You knew it from the start that's why...that's why you took me here and never told me nor Levi! You're toying with us!" Levine said with rage in his voice, but he kept a composed expression in front of him.

"I only out the pieces of the puzzle together a few weeks ago, but yes. I already have guesses. I planned it and now, it's up to you two to choose," Erwin said as he walk around his desk and towards Levine who still points the blade at Erwin. The blonde walked closer and closer until the blade touch his chest and small amount blood comes running out.

"You're a monster. I don't know why Levi and those brats trust you. You're just treating us as toys you can play with. I don't even know if the lives you sacrificed in those expeditions are worth it," Levine said with a cold harsh tone and put away his blade. He twirled the blade and stabbed his desk right through the boards and pulled it out.

"Remember this mark as my disappointment," Levine said before saluting and leaving the room with no other words from Erwin.

---

Levine is on top of a tree, deep in the night as he watch the stars twinkle as the moon shines bright. He skipped dinner that is still being held in the mess hall and he guess, his fellow squad members are looking for him. He just don't have that appetite.