26. The Talk

26. The Talk

A few thing need to get straighten this instance. Levine is grumpy. The whole squad is suffering and Levi is...well..not liking it. And as an older brother, which he obviously didn't sign up for, he have to know what's wrong with Levine. At least, that's what Hazel told him. She is the expert when it comes to siblings.

So now, in their day off. Levi invited his brother to their house where Levine is enjoying himself, playing with Louis so far. At least this little bundle of joy gives ray of sunshine and rainbows for his grumpy uncle.

"He's still not saying his first words?" He asked and Hazel sighed and nodded, "Hmm. I wonder what my first word was."

"Probably something incoherent considering Kenny raised you from birth," Hazel said and Levine turned to his sister-in-law whose washing the dishes. People are wondering if she is bad in being a housewife considering her rough and sometimes violent behaviour. But as Levine see so far, she's quite the woman at home.

He then turned back to Louis and he looked into his nephew's green eyes that resembles his own mother. He looks like Levi but the eyes. How can an Ackerman be this charismatic?

If only his charisma is enough to get out of his situation right now.

Even though his face is completely blank, Hazel noticed that he looks blue. She knows that because she'd experience those emotions multiple times.

"Okay, since your stupid brother is not home yet, what's your damn problem?" Hazel asked, placing the last plate in its place in the rack and lean on the sink, crossing her arms.

Levine turned to her with an eyebrow raised.

"What the hell are you talking about?" They should really stop cussing around Louis. For all they know, his first word might be something foul-mouthed.

"You're just like Levi in many aspects, so I can read you like an open book," she said and sat down beside him, taking Louis from him and craddling the boy, "You have a problem."

"I don't have a problem."

"You can deny all you want, Levine but the lady already said it straight on. She can read you," Yami said, playing with Louis who didn't seem to notice him.

"I'm fine, Hazel," he said and stood up. He don't want to talk about it. Heck, he don't even want to think about it, "You and that stupid brother of mine can hold your horses."

"Tch, fine. Suit yourself then," she said and carried Louis to his crib as the boy giggled. Levine looked away and stood up, walking out the house. Maybe some fresh air can help.

But when he got outside, there stood Levi with a plastic bag, staring at him.

"Stay here, brat. We've got something to talk about," he said and entered the house. After a few minutes, he went out again and walked to their horses.

"Get your horse. We're going on a ride."

---

After 30 minutes of riding their horses, they finally arrived in their destination. Levi sure do love trees that stood solely in the middle of a meadow. Cause this time, he brought him to another tree in the middle of a meadow, but this time, it's a tree with two carvings. One that is crossed out and another one at the bottom.

"What is this place this time?" Levine asked, jumping down his horse.

"This is where I first met Hazel. Back whe  Farlan and Isabel are still alive," his brother said and sat down under the shade. Levine looked up and found a perfect branch to sit on.