Trial

It's a bit long but it'll make up for not updating a lot. Enjoy

Davina's pov

My nerves are skyrocketing right now I can't stop pacing or biting my nails because of what lurks ahead today. In less than one hour I'm going to be standing in a court room facing Bastianna and Monique as they go to trial to face justice for what they did to me. At the end of the hearing a jury will decide their fates but King Mikael and Queen Esther will also have a hand in deciding their punishment.

I don't know how I'm going to get through this I'm not strong no matter how many times people tell me I am. Luckily Kol, Cami, Rebekah, Hayley and Elijah will be there to support me so that puts me at ease.

"come in" I say when there's a knock at the door "hey" I look up at the sound of Cami's voice and see her standing there "hey how are you feeling?" she asks with a small smile. "nervous I just want the trial to be over and done with" I say "I know but after today everything will be better because you can finally stop worrying about those dreadful women" she says walking over to me and pulling me into a hug "I hope so" I say with a hint of doubt in my voice causing Cami to break the hug "hey now listen to me everything's going to be okay Bastianna and Monique will get what they deserve for every little thing they've done to you I'm going to make sure of it, Kol's going to make sure of it and you're going to make sure of it" she says I smile "thank you I needed that" I say she nods smiling.

Another knock sounds at the door "come in" I say the door opens and Kol enters "good morning gorgeous" he greets walking over to me and planting a kiss on my cheek "good morning" I say giving him a smile. "ready to get this trial over and done with?" he asks offering me his arm "definitely let's do this" I say looping my arm through his as we walk towards the door.

Rebekah greets me as I enter the dining room "hey Davina how are you feeling?" she asks giving me a quick hug "nervous" I say "don't worry we're all here for you" she says with a smile "thank you Rebekah I appreciate it" I say "you're welcome" she says before walking away just as Klaus approaches me "I want to wish you goodluck today Bastianna and Monique will get what they deserve my brother will make sure of it if the jury doesn't" he says before walking back to the table. Esther gives me a warm smile as I sit down at the table "they won't get away with anything Davina don't you worry" she says "thank you" I say as I gently take the plate of bacon from Kol and taking a piece for myself before passing it to Henrik who was sat next to me.

Once we've had breakfast everyone but Marcel, Henrik, Klaus, Finn and his wife Sage prepares to leave for the trial and that's when my nerves get worse. It's as if Kol read my mind because he slips his hand into mine giving it a little squeeze "it's going to be okay love" he says with a reassuring smile.

Half an hour later
We arrive at the court house and quickly head to the room where the trial is being held. As we enter the room the judges and the jury turn to look at us, these people will be the ones to decide what happens to Bastianna and Monique at the end of this and I really hope they don't let Bastianna fool them like she's done to others before. Yet saying that I know Kol, his parents, siblings and Cami won't be swayed because they know what Bastianna is like and Cami's seen firsthand what Monique is like she once witnessed Monique burn me with a cigarette but Monique doesn't know she saw because I had Cami hide.

We all sit down and I see Kol's parents walk over to the jury stand and sit down in a separate part from the rest of the jury. Kol and Cami sit beside me while the others sit behind us, I look up as the door opens and Cami's uncle enters he's my lawyer and a really good one, he heard of what happened through Cami and wanted to help me get the justice I deserve.

A shiver runs up my spine when Bastianna and Monique appear handcuffed and dressed in orange jumpsuits, they immediately look at me and glare at me before Monique gives me a little smirk as she takes a seat. A few seconds later the main judge stands "I'm judge Liz Forbes I'll be giving out the verdict along with King Mikael and Queen Esther all raise please" the judge says everyone stands up including me "today the trial is to decide whether Bastianna and Monique Devereux are guilty or not guilty of abusing Davina Claire and to give them a punishment if its necessary" Judge Forbes says I get nervous at her words does that mean they might not get punished?