Discovery

Kol's pov

Once me and Elijah arrived home we immediately head to our fathers office and I knock frantically "father open up it's urgent" I say the door swings open and father stands there looking annoyed but it soon fades when he sees the worry on our faces "do come in take a seat" he says stepping aside me and Elijah enter the room and immediately take a seat.

Father shuts the door and sits down at his desk "now what is the matter?" he questions "do you happen to know anything about Bastianna Deveroux?" I ask I watch as a scowl appears on his face "don't you ever mention that venomous name" he says "wait you know her?" Elijah asks her "she tried to manipulate me into marrying her instead of Esther that woman is the devil" he says "we were just at her house and I believe they may be doing something they shouldn't" I say "like what?" he asks "we got bad vibes from her and we think there maybe a third person living in that house but Bastianna insists it's just her and her granddaughter" Elijah says "we need you to give us Bastianna Deveroux's file along with her granddaughters" I say father nods "very well" he says standing up we watch as he walks over to the bookshelf and pulls out a draw containing files, he flickers through the draw until he stops and grabs what he's looking for.

He places three files in front of us "hold on why are you giving us Jane-Anne Deveroux's file it says she's deceased" Elijah says "I know but if you're looking for information to find out if Bastianna is doing something she shouldn't then you might as well read her daughters file too" he says me and Elijah look at each other before I reach to pick up a file let's start on Monique first shall we?

Monique Jane Deveroux

My eyes scan the name and I crinkle my nose in disgust at the name "says here Monique is the daughter of Jane-Anne Deveroux and Trevor Howard but has no relationship with her father due to the fact she's never met him and he's in prison" I say "oh I heard about that Jane-Anne got sent to prison for something and she had a one time fling with another prisoner which resulted in her getting pregnant" father says "why am I not surprised?" Elijah comments "Monique is under Bastianna's care after her mother passed away under odd circumstances" I say with a frown "what does that mean?" I mutter Elijah grabs Jane-Anne's file and opens it, scanning through it "says here Jane-Anne died a year after being released from prison but nobody knows why except Bastianna" Elijah says "there's nothing much in Monique's file other than that" I say tossing it on the desk "then the answers you seek will probably be in Bastianna's" father says.

I grab the file and open "it says Bastianna was married twice she was married to Magnus Deveroux for six years and had daughters Jane-Anne and Sophie with him but Magnus and Sophie died in a car accident she married a guy called Charles Kane 9 years later" I say "hold on I knew Charles he was a friend of my father's" father says "do tell" Elijah says "he was a lord he'd help my father with negotiations and he helped him move on after the death of my beloved mother he was a good man" he says "was?" I question "Charles is dead" he says I look back at the file in my hands "interesting it says Charles mysteriously died 3 years after they got married and she got custody of his daughter Natalie" I say father sits up quickly looking angered "by mystery it means she killed him and got away with it" he says "so this Natalie would be Bastianna's step daughter correct?" Elijah asks I nod my head yes "Natalie I remember Natalie she was such a bright girl she was Charles great joy in life" father says "could you get me Natalie Kane's file?" I ask father nods and gets up, I watch as he frowns "there's no file under Natalie Kane but there is a Natalie Claire" he says "bring it here" I say I take the file from him and open it and I see a big cross on it indicating the person's deceased"this was Natalie Kane but she got married to Wyatt Claire it says she underwent theorpy because she endured physical and mental abuse from her step mother and step sister" I say Elijah takes Bastianna's file from me and reads through it "Bastianna and her daughter were arrested for abuse, slavery and going against human rights she abused her step daughter" Elijah says looking at me I look back at Natalie's file "Natalie and her husband Wyatt Claire died in a car accident leaving behind their daughter Davina" I say "that's the name Bastianna spoke of" Elijah says "read the rest of that file" I say to Elijah he looks at it "Bastianna got custody of Davina" he says "who in their right mind would've let that woman take in that child knowing what she did to the girls mother" father says "so there is a third person living in that house?" I say "looks like it" Elijah says "father we're heading back tomorrow and we're going to expose them for who they really are and we're going to need back up" I say "I'll get it sorted" father says me and Elijah stand up exit "this Davina girl do you think that she maybe the girl you're looking for?" Elijah asks "I have this feeling that she might be but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out" I say before parting ways with Elijah tomorrow is going to be a very busy day.

Sorry it's been a while been working on my other stories but I hope you enjoyed this chapter, stay tuned for more

Vote and comment