• 42 •

QOC: Would any of you want to create trailers for Wronged? It's okay if you don't, or if you can't, but I thought it'd be cool. I don't really know how to do them myself.

Also: do you remember in chapter ten at the very very end when Anna said "I'll only end up getting my back stabbed?"

Yeah. Serious foreshadowing. Lol.

•••

- Aiden's POV -

"I am so in love with you," she says hoarsely. "I really am."

The smile on her face drops, the blood coming from her mouth at a heavy rate. Her eyes are closed.

I can't stop my flow of pleas. "Anna, stay! Please stay!" I slap her cheeks a little, anything to keep her awake. She lies unresponsive.

An enormous wave of anger crashes over me, and I look up to see Noah lying on the ground, coughing up his own fair share of blood. I let out a ragged scream and leap onto him, gripping the collar of his shirt. With my right hand I pound into his face as hard and as quickly as I can. Each time a satisfying "crack" is heard.

"You son of a bitch!" I yell, hearing my weakness as my voice cracks multiple times. "You dirty, no-good motherfucking son of a bitch!"

"Aiden!" Someone shouts before I feel a pair of hands bear hug me from behind. I know it's Dakota, but I don't give a damn if you want the truth. I tear out of his hold and jump onto this dirty bastard again, only to be pulled back once more. This time by four hands. And I can't escape the clutches.

"Come on man! The caretaker already called an ambulance for her! We need to get her up there!" This time the voice belongs to Nico, who'd just woken a few seconds ago. But when he saw me holding Anna, he seemed alert.

All I see is red. "Fuck you!" I yell as loudly as I can, kicking to be freed by my friends. "You hear me, Noah?! Fuck you!"

"Aiden, please stop!" A feminine voice yells fearfully. I barely glance over at Hayley. She's holding a shivering Lily against her shoulder, and she's also sitting next to Anna.

I'm panting like a madman, but I slow my breaths down as I glance between a still Noah and a still Anna. The only difference between them is one is breathing and the other isn't.

Noah is the one with a paralyzed chest.

I stop fighting, and Nico and Dakota let me go as a result. I go over to Anna again, biting my lip to refrain from draining my eyes like I want to. But it's so goddamn difficult when my girl is laying there bleeding to death.

I pick her up and cradle her against my chest, feeling the tears build up in my eyes. I sniff once and force them down when I feel her cold skin pressed against mine.

"Hayley I want you to take Lily to my mom," I say roughly. "Nico, go with her. You're busted up. And Dakota, come with me. This is your sister."

Dakota nods and follows me up the stairs. He keeps having to catch up to me, because as soon as I'm able to hear the ambulance outside, my pace picks up every second I move forward. By the time we reach the first floor again, I'm running out the door and into the grass.