• 23 •

A/N: Ima start doing QOC's right here cuz I don't like doing pictures. I'm too lazy.

QOC: I'm watching Friends. Who's your favorite character? (Mine's Joey)

•••

- Anna's POV -

I shake my head. "Definitely nighttime."

Nico throws his hands in the air in frustration. "But it's too dark and cold to do anything at night!"

I shrug. "Not when you do the right things."

"Like what?"

"Stargazing, sleeping, ice skating, and relaxing. You can do anything in the night you do in the day. The only difference is that some places might be closed and you have to sneak in to do them."

Nico holds up a finger. "There's my problemo, lawbreaker. I don't break the rules."

I snort and roll my eyes, to which he sticks his tongue out. Hayley flicks his head and he sends her a playful glare before flicking her back. She gives him an incredulous look.

"Excuse me?" She asks.

"What?"

"You just flicked me, a girl, your girlfriend!"

Nico groans. "You women are confusing. First you say you want equality, but then you're suddenly too good to be hit back when you hit someone. Make up your minds so I can be a good boyfriend, alright?!"

I chuckle a little and Hayley bursts into a fit of giggles. What he's saying is true I guess. But we don't take things to heart. We're not offended easily, and that's something I love. We're all just playing around.

I lie down on the grass, smashing my bag underneath me. The clouds are a little grey today, but not enough to where it looks like it'll rain. But it's also pretty humid. It's making me sticky.

"Ugh. It's actually kind of hot," I comment.

Hayley smiles, laying next to me. "I'm glad I wore shorts and a blouse today. It's always too cold to, but the forecast said it was going to be sixty five. Thank God, they were right."

I nod and pick at the grass. It's been pretty thick, considering all the rain and sunshine it's been getting. I mean, the Sun doesn't peek out too much, not this year, but it does still shine through the clouds sometimes. It's enough to keep it green.

"Oh! Speaking of good weather and good times," she says, sitting up again. I look at her with one brow raised. "My mom told me that us girls could go out on a shopping spree this weekend. Maybe get ourselves pampered a bit. I figured you might want a new wardrobe."

"What's wrong with my wardrobe?" I ask, looking down at myself. I'm wearing ripped blue skinny jeans and a hoodie. Again. But I don't understand what's so bad about wearing the same style. I'm comfortable. Some girls choose looks, others choose sweatpants and sports bras. I'm the latter.

She shrugs and smiles sheepishly. "Nothing. Nothing at all. It's just...I think it'd be cool to try something new."

I roll my eyes, knowing that's code for: you're seriously hideous and have no taste in clothes whatsoever so I'm going to help change that for you. Way to state the obvious.

I sigh. "Alright fine. But I'm not going to shop all freaking day. I hate it."

She shrugs, licking her cafeteria popsicle. "Good enough for me. I can change your look within four hours."