Chapter Eighty-nine

Start from the beginning

"So how is King Harrison able to rule?" Darcy asks. "If the only person who can collect the magic can be one of these daughters?"

"Because the current Priestess is still alive," I say. Her eyes widen. "The King can't draw the magic himself. But he can draw it from her with the right spells and strength." Darcy nods her head understanding.

"So the magic is being harnessed from the elements through her and going through him before it goes into the rest of the NightShades?" she asks. It is slightly confusing, but correct. "When it passes through him, he keeps most of it for himself. Then his greed, corruption and cruelty poison it and then all those it feeds into," Blue replies.

"So what do you want me to do?" She asks. I gulp. It is a big ask.

"We want you to go to NightShade," I begin to explain. Her eyes widen.

"What?" she asks.

"You can pass as human. From what Daniel gained from reading Aspen's mind, they have a lot of Human servants there. All of them come over from the human lands to learn about magic and try and get some themselves. You can pass for one of these humans and find the Hight Priestess. Then bring her here."

"How would I even look for her? He probably has her locked up somewhere hidden. How would I even get there?" I look at her.

"Daniel and Kayleigh went through Aspen's mind very thoroughly. It turns out that on some of her trips away, she had actually visited NightShade. King Harrison actually showed her were the Priestess is being kept as a way to impress her." Darcy gulps. "I can help you across the water," I say as I hold out an enchanted charm. She looks at it for a few moments with a frown.

"What does it do?" she asks as she takes it.

"It will create a powerful current which will take you straight to NightShade and back. It will also allow you to breathe in the water and not take any damage from the power of the currents." She nods her head.

"All of his forces are here. All his monsters are here. Most that will be left are servants and normal working NightShades. Plus with your snake on your wrist, you will have protection at all times," I try and convince her. She thinks for a few minutes and there is an awkward silence in the room.

"Okay, I'll be your spy." She says. "But I want to know everything I need to about that place." I smile.

"Thank you," I say to her. "I'll bring Daniel in. He learned a lot from Aspen." She nods her head and frowns again.

"Isla?" she asks.

"What if I don't find her. What if I don't bring her back in time." I don't answer for a few seconds.

"If we don't find her, she can't take back her rule over her people. She can't break his link. Let's hope you return before she has a whole battlefield less of NightShades to restore."

"But she hasn't been able to break it so far. What will change if we release her? Is there any hope to this?" she asks.

"I don't know," I sigh. "But something will happen either way." She nods her head and Daniel walks in.

"Ready to learn everything about the NightShades?" he asks her. She nods her head and I watch her leave the room. I sigh and Blue looks at me.

"It needs to be done," he says.

"I know, it just feels like I am using her. Especially after all that has happened," I tell him.

"Unfortunately as queen, these are decisions you will have to make." I just nod my head and he walks out of the room.