XI: Date Night

Making fake promises. That is something Kim Seokjin had found himself to be really good at lately. Specially if they were made to himself. He had promised to forget about Namjoon and his feelings for the leader, but everytime Joon smiled, his heart melted again. He had promised to talk about what they were doing with Taehyung, but he hadn't even mentioned it and that was probably because he kept breaking his more important promise. The one where he had stated that he would not longer engage in any sort of sexual activity with Taehyung, but in the past two days he had done it many times. Whether it was just a few kisses or getting into the bath together, the two had not missed a single chance of getting a little therapy.

However, Jin was conscious that this game was dangerous. He knew this situation would soon get out of his and Taehyung's hands. What would happen if one of the members found out? What if none other than Namjoon and Jungkook found out? Every last bit of hope they held would be completely shattered. Mostly for him, because Seokjin thought it would be nearly impossible for the maknae to leave Yoongi at this point, but he, well he had something to lose. Not only would his hopes of being with Joon get shattered, he would also end up in the same situation the leader now found himself to be in with Suga. Not speaking to each other unless it was to argue and/or fight.

That was certainly not the way Seokjin wanted his relationship with the leader to be, in fact, he wanted the exact opposite. That is the reason why he needed to clear his mind. He had been invaded by improper thoughts lately. Mainly because he was starting to get a little too used to being trapped in Tae's arms. A little too comfortable being next to the younger and a little too annoyed to see Taehyung's flirtatious actions towards the maknae. Jin was not going to allow himself to crush on another teammate, specially not one whose heart had already picked an owner even when that owner's heart already belonged to someone else. He considered himself to be Namjoon's as much as Taehyung wanted to consider Jungkook his. But reality was not like that.

As another group entered the stage to deliver their performance, Seokjin clapped and allowed himself to be submerged into his thoughts once again. The exhaustion from their own performance had already vanished and now they got to enjoy the show from the rest of the groups while they patiently awaited for the New Year countdown. Maybe this is exactly what he needed, a new year and a new start. Erase everything that had happened in these last few weeks from his mind until he felt ready to speak to Taehyung about it and finally stop the madness they had fallen into. This was not good for them, not good for their band and it could only end badly. That is why it needed to be broken.

But if he knew that...why was the idea so painful?

'No. No. No' the voice in his head intervened. He sighed and instantly felt a hand pulling him up. "Cmon hyung, it's almost time" Jimin told him grabbing his hand. Only then Jin realized that they were to head up the stage for the final countdown. He nodded and allowed himself to be lifted by his much shorter dongsaeng. He hugged Jimin as they headed to the platform behind their other members. Taking the place they had been assigned, they chatted and laughed as the cameras got in position. When the director informed that they were back on air, Jin heard the selected MCs making some comments he didn't really care to listen to and after a few seconds, they started counting. Jin couldn't help but wonder what the new year would bring, but he was sure great things awaited for them. That if Yoongi and Namjoon ever fixed their broken relationship.

Unlike the rest of the bands at the *MBC Countdown, they stepped out of the main stage almost immediately after the countdown. The reason being that they really wanted to wish a happy new year to their crew and staff who had also left their families to be right there with them. A few hugs and bows accompanied by a series of grateful words might not be enough to express how much they appreciated their efforts, but they knew that the people helping them would love all the affection nonetheless. "Happy new year guys" Bang PD told the group "You may choose to stay in the party or to leave and go see your families and friends. If you do, please call any of the drivers. Don't take any risks. Have fun, okay? I'll see you on Monday" the executive continued giving the boys a free card to choose what they wanted to do. That much was really unusual, but they were glad.

Behind The Scenes: Book Three || TaejinOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara