Preface

You've waited a long time for this.

You're finally on your own, making your way through a great big world full of opportunity, adventure, and challenge.

This stage of life is exciting, but it may be harder than you ever imagined. For much of your life, you've lived by other people's rules, and even though they were sometimes confining, at least you had some guidelines to live by. Now you have to make your own decisions. Do you spend money faster than you can earn it, snapping up all the latest clothes and electronics? Or do you develop the self-discipline needed to live within your wages and maybe even save a little? Do you spend your free time partying or do you invest it in volunteer work or classes that will help you get ahead in your career? Do you stop going to church because your parents aren't there to wake you up on Sunday morning, or do you get up and show up on time? The decisions just keep coming.

To make good decisions, you need good information. If you're thinking of buying a particular automobile, you talk to others who own that kind of car and read the reviews in consumer magazines. If you're making a life-changing decision, or debating a point of morality, you turn to the one source of good information that will never steer you wrong: the Bible. As God's Word, can trust it completely.

This book, Wisdom for the Graduate, will point you to key passages in the Bible-passages that deal with the issues you'll face as you're out on your own. Perhaps it can help you through this crucial time and point you in the right direction as you make decisions and choices, both small and large. Get ready for the adventure of your choice!