Jellytots

One day I was walking past the hospital and I could have sworn I recognised Lukas' dark green Ford Fiesta in the car park; an idea which spooked me. But with a text to check he was alright, and that familiar of course :) coming back I considered that he wouldn't lie to me. Not after last time.

Would he?

I darted into the hospital feeling like a spy. If he was in here his Mother was an ex nurse, her friend or old patient was probably in here and she would be visiting. But then a wicked idea flashed before my eyes, maybe Lukas hadn't cut himself but it had been some surgical thing. I stopped my feet suddenly feeling foolish; what was i going to do? Scour the whole building for him listening out for his ringtone when I called. No; that was ridiculous. And so was the idea that he wasn't playing video games at home or Facebook stalking me as he always liked to do. I smiled, and as for those marks on his arms, they were definitely self inflicted, there was no surgery that would do that to you and I knew it. 

I pulled out my phone just to check, no new messages. I had an uneasy feeling in the back of my mind though, I knew I was worrying about nothing. Hospitals had always made me nervous and uneasy, they weren't the nicest of places. They smelled so clean and sterile, it felt like walking inside the Michelin man with all the white walls, ceilings and floors. The air even tasted funny in here, I breathed with my mouth open and could practically taste th chemicals that kept the air clean. This place was clouding my judgement, I just had to get away from here.

I pushed my phone into my pocket, and then left the hospital jogging to get away from this place. The wind was cool and probably filled with bugs and chemicals that can cause you harm, but I didn't mind; that was normal. It tasted normal. The pollen from the flowers was going up my nose and making me sneeze, I made the decision to stop jogging (not just because I was absolutely shattered and breathing like a donkey on helium) but because the whoosh of my shoes through the plants was aggravating my hay-fever, that I almost never got. Just my luck.

"Riley?" I said jogging round the corner to where I knew he'd be sat. I knew that he was proud of me for finally doing something to stay in shape, although I really didn't need to. It didn't  bother me if I went up to a size twelve on my hips, and I knew he wouldn't either. But I kept up the charade acting completely shattered and pretty much collpsing into the seat next to him. He raised one eyebrow.

"What?" I asked a bit annoyed to have not gotten a single applause from him. I felt like a dog being teased with a treat that then got taken away.

"I would have believed that act if you weren't carrying a designer handbag with tissue paper hanging out of it" God damn it, I smiled at my stupidity. So I'd stopped off at some shops, that didn't mean I hadn't been jogging, that just meant I'd taken a few breaks.

"Okay, so um... What have you been doing while I've been jogging?" Riley rolled his eyes, and then smiled bringing something out from behind his back. I looked at the little bag with a little uneasiness creeping back into my head. Was this a sweet gesture of adoration or was it a bribe to get me back in bed? I couldn't tell, and that scared me...

"I've been shopping too" He pushed the little bag along the table to me and then gestured for me to untie the pretty pink ribbon. I did so reluctantly, I wasn't letting him buy me if that's what he was thinking of. Inside the bag was the sweetest little golden bracelet I'd ever seen. I could hardly believe that he'd chosen it, Riley was not a jewellery kind of guy. I pulled it out, the bracelet was thin and delicate with my name engraved on it, and his on the other side. I smiled.

"Riley its beautiful, but we only got back together today. Its a bit soon, don't you think?" He looked at my hands as  I carefully placed the chain and plate back into the gift wrapped bag and pushed it over to him.