Something Old, something new, borrowed, something blue...

"We were only seventeen when we got married, and our first holiday was our honeymoon" Mum seemed to think that if i took Lukas to America with me he would propose or do something else stupid and completely unlike him. But mum didnt know Lukas so I pretty much had to let that slide, until she could see what a top guy he was.

"Mum do you honestly think im going to marry a guy Ive only known a month?" Good thing mother had such a high opinion of me. She had an expression that could only be described as petrified, probably for my safety more than anything else.

"I still havent met him though, and your going in three days!" I could tell she was beginning to seriously rethink me going to America without her, and she had an expression that told me she was thinking about taking Lukas' ticket for herself. That reminded me too, Prom was in two days!

"What if I invite him to dinner tomorrow? Youll be able to see what a lovely and top guy he is and youll be able to stop worrying yorself sick" I poured my remaining half cup of coffe down the drain and she gave me the children-are-starving-in-africa look. I gave her the shut-up-and-stop-fussing look striaght back. She looked away nodding approval of the idea.

"Okay, good. hes big into salad and wraps, and he hates mushrooms. He likes old music too, oh and mum he's mighty shit around new people so please dont give him the twenty questions treatment, he isnt Riley" Who had always insisted on talking about every aspect of his life, and 'our' future one with anybody who would listen.

"Dont I just know it?" With that horrible comment in mind, I walked out of the house and straight out into the open top car of Scott, his arm sept around me pretty fast too. I didnt really mind, because what girl wouldnt want an incredibly hot guy to look obsessed with her, when there driving around in the hottest car of the year. A porshe no less. Scotts family were beyond loaded!

"So hows it going Scotty Dog?" I asked playfully using my old nickname for him from when I was about seven. He gave me a sly smirk and straightened his spine raising his eyebrows at some passing girls.

"They were hot" I explained feeling the sexual tension Scott was experiencing just by looking at them, like it was some kind of electric shock. His eyebrows raised as he gave me the sexual eyes look. Scott had never been one of those guys who believed in staying with one person at a time, he thought life was worth living, he was a patron of the YOLO belief.

"Did I die and go to heaven, where the sexiest girl on the planet is looking super hot in my car, as well as wanting to have sex with some girls while I watch... and maybe video?" He gave me an expectant stare, I rolled my eyes and pointed my hand forward. Scott knew I wasnt a virgin anymore, and that was without me even telling him, he had a kind of screw-radar and he was very rarely wrong.

"Your gross you know that?" I asked as he pushed the Porsche up to ninety miles an hour making my stomach drop when I realised he wasnt wearing a seatbelt. I didnt wanna look like a nag but I felt seriously uncomfortable sitting in his car with him not at all protected.

"Scott slow down" I said bluntly, he looked across at me and something in my face must have changed because he slowed down to thirty and pulled into the nearest layby.

"Whats wrong?" I wasnt a jittery girl, and there'd been many a time when I would do stuff even more daring and dangerous than Scott himelf, and he was known around here as a daredevil. He was giving me a look that both excited and terrified me. I had never noticed before how dark the layby was once you'd pulled away from the road and under the tree cover, how secluded the space was when the road was quiet and carless.

"I'm gonna sound like a baby, but could you please put your seatbelt on" I couldnt even look at him as I said it, because how was i transforming from me to this nervous wreck.

"Okay. Why?" I stared at a leaf that was hanging onto the branch by a thread and I thought about how the thing fragile leaf and I were similar, clinging to what we had always been a part of, not quite understanding why I felt like I was gonna fall and be crushed.

"Because you drive like a maniac, and I dont wanna lose anyone else" I could feel how stupid that sounded coming from my mouth, he looked at his seatbelt as he strapped it around him, and then he looked at me with an expression of confusion before dawning rose upon his face, could he really have worked out why my heart was aching just by looking at me?

"That Riley guy really messed with your head didnt he? Man, I could kill him!" I hadnt ever considered Scott a violent man, even though his build and muscles, and heightened knowledge of martial arts would suggest otherwise. And oddly, the cold hardness to his voice worried me, part of me clung to the belief that Scott was not going to do anything to Riley even though I could tell he desperately wanted to.

"It wasnt exactly Riley that messed me up to be honest Scott" Then he said something that really pissed me off, and it confused me. Was that how my friends saw me now?

"See even now your protecting him, defending him because your still in love with him. Well, he's in the wrong here. Its like you cant see how much he has changed you, your barely you anymore" I gasped, which is a very stupid and childish thing to do, but I was snorting up my nose in annoyance. How the hell did he honestly think one boy could change me like that?

"One, I am defending him rightly because the only thing he did was cheat on me. Which isnt a big deal, people cheat on each other all the time and I am pretty well over it I'll have you know. He never did anything while we were together, but in the end it was him who hurt me, and I hated him for it, but I have moved on just like he has. And for the record, I wasnt even talking about Riley!" I couldnt believe I had yelled at Scott, the last time I'd done that was when he stole my packet of starburst when I was on the swing.

"Fine then, who the hell else have you lost then miss princess of the manor?!" I couldnt help but do it, I didnt even mean for it to happen. My hand made contact with his face and an expression came to his face that was more shock than anger.

"As if you even give a damn! The minute I had a boyfriend you didnt bother to text or call me, you never invited me anywhere. You never called to ask if I was alright, so dont give me the whole your-an-overeacting-princess routine because your just as much in the wrong as Riley or anybody else" I grabbed my bag from the seat behind him, opened the car door and stepped out slamming it behind me with the single hope it would damage the paint work.

I walked along the side of the road and got about fifteen feet away. Then I heard the growl of his engine as it purred alongside me, I half expected him to speed away and leave me there. Thankfully he didnt, or I would have to

walk three miles in these ridiculously high heels and be late for my meet and greet with Lukas' mum and dad. I had met his mother before, but apparently this would be more formal.

"Get in the car Sophie, and stop being a bitch" I turned my head to him, and gave him a V with my two fingers. He threatened to speed the car up and leave, and when I made no move to get in the car he seemed kind of confused. No Scott, this move will not work on all girls.

"Listen, your not a bitch and I shouldnt have said it, so I'm sorry" I could tell he was, even though he had to say it through gritted teeth. I almost accepted his apology by opening the car door and letting myself get into it rather begrudgingly.

"Where did you wanna go again?" He asked without letting me answer, before pulling off and speeding down the motorway.