Revelations of the past

Three hours later and I was staring at the open box, gift wrapped with blue ribbon lying in dress on my bed form where I had torn to get it off, the box lid scattered on my yellow pillows contrasting with the hectic pink tissue paper that seemed to envelope half my room. Underneath the second layer which I was currently pulling away I could see something green. I felt my heart skip a beat.

Oh my Jesus, he didn't?

I pulled away the last layer, and literally screamed.

It was my dress, not some puffy disgusting ball of frills and puffy material that I didn't even like on me, no this was mine. My dress, my beautiful green Grecian style sparkly dress. My gown. I couldn't even speak.

My mum came charging up the stairs and burst into my room, she never did that, ever.

"Why are you screaming?" I then noticed how she was brandishing a bread knife like a lightsabre. Was she really going to stab someone who hurt me because I had screamed?

"Riley bought me something" I pointed frantically at the box, before starting to grab at the paper to hide it form her view. I didn't want her to see it, she wouldn't like it, she didn't like anything I did, we were polar opposites after all.

"A prom dress huh?" I nodded, she went to the box and pulled some of the tissue away. I cringed inwardly, I may not like my mother that much any more but I don't want her getting her opinion in the way and judging my dress. It was mine; I didn't care what she thought.

"May I see?" I shrugged and flopped in the bed waiting for the backlash, I could see the surprise that my dress had been able to fit into a box at all. She pulled the gown out and held it up to her, I started to see a puzzled expression before elation d

Read across her face.

"Riley really knows the real you doesn't he?" I thought about that, I guess he did yeah. But I didn't want mother to know any details about Riley and me, my personal would be kept personal.

"Guess" I shrugged feeling the strays of love I had left for my mum tottering in the wind. At least she seemed to like my dress.

She looked at the colour and ran her hand along the soft material. She let her eyes linger on it and then she turned back to me folding carefully to put it down in the box like she was lowering a baby into a crib. I silently thanked her for that, she may aor may not like it (But I couldn't tell whether she was lying) and then she covered it in tissue, placed the lid back on and wrapped the blue ribbon around it delicately.

I noticed then, just how beautiful my mother was. I'd never really took or had the time to look at her. I remember as a child I would boast that I had the prettiest mum in the world, and convinced everyone in my class that she was a top model. At one point she could have been, then she'd gotten pregnant.

Now she's thirty six and still unbelievably pretty.

She had cool blue eyes that seemed to look into you rather than at you, she had long ginger hair, that fell in amazing curly waves with small sparkly clips keeping it away from her face. I had also never payed any attention to my mothers killer fashion sense, she was wearing a black vest top with an enormous red beaded necklace and a polka dot red and white skirt with big black sparkly heels. Her long legs stretched down to the floor where her perfectly pedicured toe nails were bright fiery red.

She did look stunning.

I wondered if I had legs like that? I was curvier than my mother, with hips and boobs and the bum, but I was tall for a girl, an impressive five foot nine. But that was okay as Riley was six foot one now, he'd grown a lot more recently. And then mum had that flawless complexion, and dainty size five feet whereas I was size six, she had flawless pouty lips which is inherited and a smile that could knock any guys socks off, a trait I think was rubbing off on me.